Looooog stories but fun to listen to......

lyonden

Wizards First Rule and Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind

I just finished these books on tape. If you like a flight of fancy and a little fantasy, here's some stories for you. The first book is Wizards First Rule (I think 24 or 25 discs) and the second is Stone of Tears, (32 discs). They are lengthy. This is written on the back cover......

In Wizardes First Rule, Richard Cypher's world was turned upside down. Oncea simple woods guide, Richard was forced to become the Seeker of Truth, to save the world from the vile dominance of Darken Rahl, the most viciously savage and powerful wizard the world had ever seen. He was hoined on this epic quest by his beloved Kahlan, the only survivor among the Confessors, who brought a powerful but benevolent justice to the land before Rahl's evil scourge. Aided by Zedd, the last of the wizards who opposed Rahl, They were able to cast him into the underworld, saving the world from the living hell of life under Rahl.

But the veil to the underworld has been torn, and Rahl, from beyond the veil, begins to summon a sinister power more dreadful than any he has wielded before, Horrifying creatures escape through the torn veil, wreaking havoc on the unsuspecting world above. If Rahl isn't stopped, he will free the Keeper itself, an evil entity whose power is so vast and foul that once freed, it can never again be contained.

Oh my goodness!!! If I had known you could listen to these books instead of actually reading them I would have been a professional quilter by now.

I have to admit that I love fantasy and Terry Goodkind is one of the best. I love his books. I attribute my fitness to him (at least my past fitness :() because I would only allow myself to read his books while sitting on the stationary bike. That was before I got my Lenni, pink face, I am so out of shape now.

I have the latest book in the series sitting in my exercise room just waiting for me to start. Perhaps since I am having a creative block with my current quilt I will go get back in shape. The thought excites me, I need to know what is happening with Richard and Kaitland (sp??)

Anyway, if you ever have the urge to chat about these books or any others in the genre, let me know. You are the only other person I have ever met who knew who Terry Goodkind is...

Roberta - You don't know about books on tape or disc??????? You MUST get some wireless headphones and listen while you quilt. I originally got these books for my husband to "read" but I must admit, I did enjoy the story. I didn't realize there were more books in the series so I'll have to look him up and order those also.

Thanks for the heads up.

Carol,

If there is a Half Price books near you, check them out. The book resellers often have alot of SciFi.

However, the resellers do not have a good selection of quilting books. Or I'll restate, they do not have many of the "classic" quilt books. Ladies, we must have an unwritten rule about keeping the classic quilt books. I know I will not separate from mine.

vg

I have to admit that I am addicted to audio books. My DH got me some wireless headphones, and they work perfectly for quilting.

I get all my audio books from our library. They have them on cassette tape or cd, or you can download an audio book to play on your MP3 for free!

I got my friend hooked on them, and now she listens while she pieces!

Carol - be prepared because I do believe there are about 9 books in the series. I will have to check. Some of them deviated a bit from the main story which bothered some reviewers on Amazon, but I still found them to be very good.

I did know you could get books on tape because I did that when I first started quilting. I had accidently ordered the tapes instead of paperbacks. It didn't occur to me to look for other books that I might enjoy. I didn't really like having to keep the tapes in order and flipping them so often, but I think a cd will be great. I think I will have to do some shopping. :D

Roberta - I did order these from our local library I didn't buy these. I love the library system that is near me. There are many counties put together and we can order from all of them. It just might take a few days to get them from surrounding areas. My particular library for our county isn't included in this unit. Too bad.

Archived