Hallo zusammen ... neues Mitglied

Kerstin

Hallo zusammen,

möchte mich kurz vorstellen: Mein Name ist Kerstin, ich wohne in Osnabrück (Norddeutschland) und bin hoffentlich bald stolze und glückliche Besitzerin einer Millenium Longarm-Maschine. Heute morgen kam die Order-Bestätigung aus den USA. Welch schöner Start in den Tag ;)

Nun juckt es mir natürlich in den Fingern und ich kann die Zeit bis zur Lieferung (ca. Ende Juli) kaum abwarten. Aber zum Glück darf ich ja bei den OpenHouse-Seminaren am übernächsten Wochenende in Krefeld am Freitag und Samstag dabei sein ...

Freue mich schon sehr!

Herzliche Grüße

Kerstin

Hello everybody,

I'm a new member in this forum and I am living in northern Germany.

If everything will happen as I hope, I will have a APQS Millennium at end of July :) Yippeeehhh! And to shorten the waiting time until delivery, I will be in Krefeld with Claudia Pfeil for her OpenHouse on June, 26. and 27.

I'm really looking forward to that!

With best wishes from Germany

P.S.: Please don't grumble about my English, it's more than 20 years ago that I learnd it at school and I don't have so much practice ...

Kerstin,

Welcome to the forum! Your English is certainly better than my German, even though I did understand a few words!

My late husband was in the US Army and was stationed in Hanau. We lived there in 1973. A long time ago...Then in 1990-1993 we were living in Brunsum, The Netherlands. I sure enjoyed Europe and sometimes wish I could go again but I think my overseas traveling is over.

Again wecome and remember to post lots of pics!

Welcome, Kersten!!

Congratulations on your new addition! And how wonderful that you can be inspired by Claudia - her quilting is AWESOME!

From someone on the other side of the other ocean! (who loves her APQS machine even after a couple of years of ownership!)

PS Your English is waaaay better than my German (4 years of your language in high school - eons ago!)

Can't wait to see pictures!

... many thanks for your nice words. And whow ... that's cool, one day on the forum and I get e-mails from (for me) so far away places like Alaska or Hawaii. Living in the computer age does have some really good advantages sometimes ... :)

It's interesting to hear that some of you have or have had connections to Germany. I drive past Hanau on my way to a cousin I visit once or twice a year, and Osnabrück is not far away from Hamburg, about two and a half hour by car. I was in America just once until now. I was in New York for a week, when Christo and Jeanne Claude had their installation "The Gates" in the Central Park. That was very impressiv. Hope I can visit the USA some time or others again. Especially for a Quiltshow ...

Karin asked me about the name for my millie ... difficult question. Did ever somebody gave a longarm maschine a man's name? :cool: Never heard about that. I don't know yet ... I thought of "Paloma" because after I signed the contract for the machine in Krefeld, there where so many nice doves at the railwaystation when I went home. Some lost feathers and of course I thought immediatly of the wonderful quilting designs with feathers ...

Hi Kerstin,

I have been to Germany twice. I love it there. In northern part of Germany, I have some friends that live in Bad Zwischenahn, Hamburg and also Berlin. All three are beautiful places. My Mother in law, Ingrid, is from Aschaffenburg. I love Germany very much. So beautiful there. Some day I must go back. Have fun with your new longarm machine.

Hi Kerstin and welcome to the chat. I think that either a male or female name is OK and Paloma is a very good name. And your connection to the doves & feathers is a great way to pick a name. My Millie's name is GiGi and I used to call her that, but I'm thinking about a gender reassignment for her. There are now no males living in my house so if I begin to call it "Fred" then anyone listening will wonder who is in the house with me! I could start the neighbors talking!;);):D

Welcome Kerstin so glad to have you as part of our family. I love that I have sisters all over the world. My maternal great grandparents were from Prussia and my youngest brother was in the AirForce stationed in Germany for 5 years. My mom got to visit and had beautiful pictures, you have w lovely country.

It has taken my 3 years to finally name my Millie. I call her Alice after my mom. She was beasty for a very long time until I got her tamed.:P Take your time giving her a name. I like Paloma for the reasons you stated.

Patty Jo, you crack me up:D

Wonderful! I never thought when I ordered the Millie, that I would get beside the equipment an extra of a new family all around the world and so much fun.

Shana, your friends in Germany live in really nice towns and places. I like Berlin and Hamburg very much! Bad Zwischenahn is indeed a nice little place and not so far from me, I think about 130 km north of Osnabrück. Do you and your mother in law know, that there is a big fabric and quilt shop (for german standards) and since three years a Quiltfestival in Aschaffenburg? Nähwelt Machemer and the Main-Quilt-Festival

PattyJo, good idea to have a little fun with curious/nosey neighbours :D And Bekah, I havn't tamed my mother until now so I better don't name my millie after her :D:cool:

At the moment I live with a cat called Caruso after Enrico Caruso the famous italian tenor (a good friend gave him the name) so maybe I should name my millie Maria Callas to complete the opera ensemble in the house :):D

Merete, thank you and I wish you great days in Krefeld. I hope we can meet at the next Open House, would really like it.

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Hi Kerstin,

IMy Mother in law, Ingrid, is from Aschaffenburg. I love Germany very much. So beautiful there. Some day I must go back. Have fun with your new longarm machine.

Shana I lived in Aschaffenburg when I was a kid, 9 - 12! I had my 10th birthday at the castle in Aschaffenburg and it was so cool! I also saw the most beautiful fireworks I have ever seen in my life there! Maybe someday we will get to take a vacation to Germany!

Hi Kerstin and welcome to the forum from Australia. Everyone will tell you to practice lots and remember to breathe you will do great and have lots of fun with your new machine.

Yes it is wonderful to talk to people all over the world, you will find great support from everyone here and did we mention we like to see lots of pictures of beautiful quilts.

Take care

Karen

Hi Kerstin,

Welcome to the forum. You will find the forum fun and informational and a good place to ask for ideas. Practice is important. Sometimes I do quilts that I do not post due to the flaws in learning. There are novice to expert quilters on this forum.

I use to travel to Frankfurt for business 10 t0 12 years ago. I always enjoyed those trips and the people. With being on business I usually had very little time to enjoy the countryside and be a tourist. Some day my husband and I will be traveling back to see the beauty we have missed.

I like the name of your cat and how you came up with it. My black and white cat was named Einstien by a friend.

Enjoy the new friends.

• 3 years later...

Archived