Jiffy Fabric Steamer

Is anyone using one of these? I have a nice steam generating iron, but it is a pain to lug around to steam out the fullness in the quilts I get in. I am seriously considering one of these and just wanted to check with you all and see if anyone uses one.

Thanks.

Patty

I do have a smaller travel size. It works well, but like the iron, you have to fill it often, and it drips when you use it horizontally. The larger one is definately on my xmas list. I hate quilting over wrinkled fabric. I iron Everything, so this would definately save me some time.

Heidi, that is what I want, the one on wheels that holds about a gallon of water. What brand do you have, if you don't mind me asking. Do you use it in your quilting? does it have a "shot of steam" or is it just continuous when the unit is turned on?

Patty,

I have a Conair and a Rowenta. The Conair has a shorter hose than the Rowenta. I do use them on my quilts when needed. These steamers really steam better when the quilt it hanging and you have to fuss with it a bit on the frame but you can get it to work. You can also steam it from the bottom up. We use our steamers almost everyday. Hubby uses them on his suits all the time.

• 5 years later...

I just have a customer quilt that clearly has been through 2 starch and steam at the bottom six borders (2 are pieced). I held that eliso and boy was it heavy.I need a rolling steamer with a long hose and holds about a gallon of water. This quilt is a beautiful appliqué on point and mostly quilted with Quilt Path and echoed with free motion.

I've had the jiffy model J2000 for about 5  years now. It works great ... I hang wrinkled backs (or fronts) over my long arm and very quickly steam those wrinkles away.  I've event taught my husband how to "refresh" his wrinkled shirts!  LOL. I steam my bed mattress every other month for a refreshing too. If you let it heat up the full two minutes, it doesn't drip either. Can't say enough good about my American made Jiffy!   8-)

Archived