To See if I Belong

Hello Cathy! I am new here, also. and haven't posted but twice. I have just been in the background learning all I can! I don't own an APQS either! Let me introduce myself, too, if I may? I retired April 30, 2009, purchased a Tin Lizzie in late June, got her up and running in August and have been practicing and learning ever since.

My first quilt to quilt on my Lizzie has a bit of a story behind it! :) It was my first quilt to piece when I was about 11 years old. I was going to throw it away, but my daughter rescued it from the trash, did some minor repairs on it and had me quilt it on Lizzie as my first quilt! Boy, was I surprised! It actually looks better than I thought it would. It now resides at my daughter's home, but when I learn to post a pic, I will show you!

Thanks for letting me post. Forgot to say that I am from Texas!

Judy

Welcome Catherine! It always amazes me at how small our world has become. I grew up in Houma, La and still have a son & his family and a sister and her family living there. Kristina, Lafayette is one of my favorites places for cajun music and food! It doesn't matter what type of machine you have, this is kinda like a "sisterhood" (sorry guys) and everyone is welcome! Barb

Welcome Kathy,

I have learned so much about quilting techniques here. I love all the pictures of the completed quilts too. Inspiration!

I recently sold my APQS Ultimate II and bought another brand---and I still feel very welcome here. So, hang around. You will be hard pressed to find a more bunch of quilters than here----;)

Cathy and Judy,

Welcome!!

Just jump on in, the water's great! It doesn't matter a whit what kind of machine you've got (or if you don't have one at all), we are all quilters, and that's what counts.

I recently visited some family (love them to death, but they are definitely non-quilters!! ;)), and it made me realize how much you all mean to me. Having a common passion and appreciation bonds us and creates our own kind of family. All adoptions approved!!

:D

:D

Cathy and Judy a warm welcome from the Virginia group. I think almost everything has been said and I'll "ditto" it. In addition to quilting we as a group love to assist in NQR (not quilt related) items also especially when you need a hug, prayer or a laugh. We are a very diverse group (ok I can't spell), moms, dads, grandparents, bikers, horseladies, bakers, nurses, doctors, teachers and the list goes on so welcome, welcome, welcome.

I have been quiet for a while , due to familly medical problems.

What a perfect day to tune in to be able to wish, Kathy, Judy and Anya a great big welcome.

Our forum is a wonderul place to be. The most suportive , kind and caring people you will ever find. Always willing to help, whether it is a quilt or personal crisis. You will love it here.

So, once again, WELCOME ABOARD, SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE RIDE. :)

Carolj.

I have to say to all of you , a very BIG THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart, for making me feel so warm and welcome. I can't tell you how it makes me feel. You guys are great.

I know that I will be bugging all of you after I get my machine in December. I can hardly wait. I will be happy to show off (or laugh at:D) some of my projects after I get started.

I know that I am new, but I would like to welcome Judy and Anya here also.

Cathy

Hi to all the newbies, did you notice on the avatars that everyone is either smiling, smirking or smooching? Such a wonderful, friendly and helpful community, I just can't imagine anyone discriminating against anyone. Have fun, lurk, ask, and most of all, show and tell! And soon it will be like an "old hat" very comfy and familiar

hi and Welcome... Everyone is right, exact, correct, fun, full of advice, encouragement and help.

I'd feel insulted if you felt you don't belong after just a couple days... relax and enjoy.

Welcome, no matter what machine you have..

we like people.

ritaR

Let me chime in a little late as I have been taking bang bang classes at QwM! You know, classes banged one against the other!!:P!:P

Welcome to all the new people!! We all love it! It doesn't matter what machine you have or don't have. It matters that we all love quilting!!!

Congrats on your machines! And a big (((hug))) welcome! I am a hugger & a

kisser!!:P:P

I too wish to welcome all the newbies. As I'm sure you have learned by now, this is the place to be!!! No one discriminates here!!! Cathy, I grew up in Covington. My family stilll lives in the area. My daughter is a senior at Tulane. I got my nursing degree in Hammond at SLU. I haven't lived in La. for a long time but always consider it my home. So Cathy, Judy, Anya and anyone else new, welcome to the best forum on the net, IMHO!!!

Archived