To See if I Belong

Good Afternoon everyone. I just wanted to see if you guys allow Non APQS Machine Owners to belong to your wonderful family group here on this forum. I love hanging out in the background learning from all of you, through all your experiences, and seeing the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen. I have never seen a forum more friendly, or more helpful than this one.

My name is Cathy Wright. I live in the Southern part of Louisiana down below New Orleans. I am a great grandmother X 2 1/2. I don't have a longarm, but I did purchase the HQ Avante and Frame at the Houston Festival. Right now I have a New Joy frame and a Janome 1600P, which I will be selling soon. I just do quilting for Family and Friends. I also have not done this long. Just 4 1/2 Months is all it took for me to try to upgrade to the HQ.

Thanks for any replys, negative or otherwise.

Cathy

Cathy,

EVERYONE with a heart for quilting - hand, machine or otherwise - is welcome here!:P If you check out the signatures on a lot of the folks that post, it will list the kind of quilting machine they use - and there are a lot of different kinds! Welcome to the family!:P:P:P

Welcome Cathy

Any quilter I have ever met is a friend of mine and that includes the ones I have met on the forum. sometimes we are even lucky enough to meet in person! Welcome and enjoy the wonderful quilting fellowship. Post often and get someone to show you how to post pictures. It just doesn't get any better than this forum!!:cool:

Hi Cathy & welcome to our group. My mother was originally from Maurice (Vermilion Parish), I've spent a lot of time there & I attended Newcomb College, so I am very familiar with your area, and its quilting traditions. You will love it here, & your only problem will be wishing to upgrade to APQS sooner than you thought. Of course, you're welcome even if you don't. When you get a chance, go visit our quilting sister, Sandra Guillbeau at the Quilt Corner in Baton Rouge; she'll show you some beautiful things. Enjoy your quilting!

Catherine, thank you for introducing yourself so nicely. I am one who does not have an APQS system and I feel right at home here because this forum is very friendly. You give, you get. WE love pictures, and even some that are not quilt related. I was introduced to this forum in 2007, got to meet some really nice quilters at MQS in 2008, and I've enjoyed the camaraderie ever since.

Welcome aboard. . .:D

OH, my goodness, you lady make me feel so very good. I do feel very welcome. Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.

Catherine, I do know Sandra and Mynan at The Quilt corner in Baton Rouge very well. I have known them for years. They well be coming here when my machine gets shipped out early December to help set it up and train me on it. I am soooooooo excited about that too.

Cathy

And why wouldn't you belong here...they let me play here....

Welcome to our forum family. We share tons of stuff here, if you haven't figured that out already, and love to see pictures.

No such thing as a stupid question, but I do reserve the right to give you a dumb answer.....;):P

Yes, the "foreigners" are very welcome here. I have a Gammill, and they don't even treat me any differently. I have gotten tons of help here, and sometimes even faster than I would be able to contact a quilting friend, because there seems to always be someone online who answers in the time it would take to dial the telephone! I am awestruck at how quickly my many questions have been answered. The only rule is that you have to share pictures of your quilts, and you're not allowed to point out any mistakes or apologize for them. (I just made up that second part myself.)

Archived