Marking Magic spray can

Has anyone used the spray can called "MARKING MAGIC?" It's used to spray on quilting stencils. Wondered if the stuff really does wash out with water. Please let me know any "good or bad" experiences you may have had with this, as I am considering trying it out.....Thanks Experts!!!!:)

I have used this also....It does wash out and it does stay on your quilt until your finished quilting...it doesn't bounce off like some chalks do when it dries....

HOWEVER, I DID not like the way it oversprayed so much and no matter how lightly I pressed the button it just rushed out and was really really thick on the stencil so after about 4 times I would have to go wash off the stencil and start over...more was going down the drain than was getting on the quilt.

I would use it again on a small application, I wouldn't use it again to mark a queen or king size quilt...first off it took three cans, and its pretty expensive.

I used it on a client quilt and never again! I had a hard time getting it out. I only used clear water but it took many many tries to get it all out. I wasn't about to wash the quilt before delivering it to her.

Is there another spray that will steam out? I love Miracle Chalk but was wondering if there is a spray also.

Thanks,

Em

Archived