qli files to CQ files

sherryjack

Can use a little help here---I understand that qli files can now be used with the CQ. I have downloaded qli files and the dxf files from One Song and they show the CQ icon, however, they are not working. They end in .qli and not .cmd. Do I need to do something to these files to make them work? I do have the latest CQ update.

Can use a little help here---I understand that qli files can now be used with the CQ. I have downloaded qli files and the dxf files from One Song and they show the CQ icon, however, they are not working. They end in .qli and not .cmd. Do I need to do something to these files to make them work? I do have the latest CQ update.

I'd contact Donna @ One Song, mine have always worked, might be a simple thing on her end as she is filling orders like a mad woman. She's got a huge sale going on right now as you know but has had some sorrowful things going on in life lately. I love her stuff! :D

I'd contact Donna @ One Song, mine have always worked, might be a simple thing on her end as she is filling orders like a mad woman. She's got a huge sale going on right now as you know but has had some sorrowful things going on in life lately. I love her stuff! :D

Thanks Linda. Got a quick reply from Butch at S&D and all is well. I wasn't switching to .qli file type when trying to open .qli files. Why wouldn't I think of that?? The One Song sale has been great. Donna has been swamped, but I received my designs quickly.

Thanks Linda. Got a quick reply from Butch at S&D and all is well. I wasn't switching to .qli file type when trying to open .qli files. Why wouldn't I think of that?? The One Song sale has been great. Donna has been swamped, but I received my designs quickly.

Hi Sherry and Linda,

I checked out Donna's sale too....it has been a while since I bought designs, and actually I do not have any of One Songs designs yet. I'd like to buy some of hers now, as the prices are soooo good.

When you order your designs from Donna, do you just put in the comments box that you need them for CQ? (I have a CQ). Does she send the .qli and .wmf? or what format does she send them in? I've always just ordered designs from designers who digitize for CQ.

Thanks!

Hi Sherry and Linda,

I checked out Donna's sale too....it has been a while since I bought designs, and actually I do not have any of One Songs designs yet. I'd like to buy some of hers now, as the prices are soooo good.

When you order your designs from Donna, do you just put in the comments box that you need them for CQ? (I have a CQ). Does she send the .qli and .wmf? or what format does she send them in? I've always just ordered designs from designers who digitize for CQ.

Thanks!

I ordered some designs from One Song Needle Arts too.

Most of them are .dxf files (one was .qli). They appear to have the CQ logo on them when I open them, but they sure do look wierd. They start off with a dotted line that looks like a rectangle before the design appears. Will these work? I haven't tried stitching them out, but I have never seen anything like these before.

Are you sure .qli will work on our CQs? Do we somehow have to change them to .cmd? How would we do that?

Most of them are .dxf files (one was .qli). They appear to have the CQ logo on them when I open them, but they sure do look wierd. They start off with a dotted line that looks like a rectangle before the design appears. Will these work? I haven't tried stitching them out, but I have never seen anything like these before.

Are you sure .qli will work on our CQs? Do we somehow have to change them to .cmd? How would we do that?

She has always sent me DXF files, you have to request it when you order. CQ has always imported for me with no problems. If you get a file that doesn't work let Donna know.

(Sorry if that doesn't answer your question directly but I haven't run into this.) :)

Originally posted by Marg Layton

Most of them are .dxf files (one was .qli). They appear to have the CQ logo on them when I open them, but they sure do look wierd. They start off with a dotted line that looks like a rectangle before the design appears. Will these work? I haven't tried stitching them out, but I have never seen anything like these before./quote]

What you are seeing is the Statler macros and her copyright information. You need to take the designs into a program like Pro-Q Designer and save them as a CQ file. You can also bring them into AutoSketch, but there is lots more work to clean them up and resize them properly. I can walk you through the process if you need help. Let me know.

The QLI format will now work on the CQ if you have the latest update 4.035. You can order any One Song design and in the comment box let Donna know you have a CQ. You will receive the designs by email. Donna has this information on the website. It may take a few days before you receive the order, but I have received the DXF file immediately and the designs later in zip files. You need to save the dxf files and also download and extract the .zip files the same as you do for CQ files. When you click on Open the files in CQ from the SetUp screen you get the open screen. You must change the Files Type at the bottom of the Open screen to .QLI file type and the QLI files will then be shown and available. I don't get the preview picture showing but when you open them they will appear on the SetUp screen. Don't forget to switch File Type back to CQ Files (.cmd or .cqp) when you want to see your CQ files. It is great to have the QLI files available now. You do not need to change DXF files to CQ, the QLI files are now recognized by CQ.

Originally posted by SueinScottsdale

What you are seeing is the Statler macros and her copyright information. You need to take the designs into a program like Pro-Q Designer and save them as a CQ file. You can also bring them into AutoSketch, but there is lots more work to clean them up and resize them properly. I can walk you through the process if you need help. Let me know.

Sue, I definitely need help with this. Can you please walk me through the process. I am so new to this, and need a helping hand.

Originally posted by sherryjack

The QLI format will now work on the CQ if you have the latest update 4.035. You can order any One Song design and in the comment box let Donna know you have a CQ. You will receive the designs by email. Donna has this information on the website. It may take a few days before you receive the order, but I have received the DXF file immediately and the designs later in zip files. You need to save the dxf files and also download and extract the .zip files the same as you do for CQ files. When you click on Open the files in CQ from the SetUp screen you get the open screen. You must change the Files Type at the bottom of the Open screen to .QLI file type and the QLI files will then be shown and available. I don't get the preview picture showing but when you open them they will appear on the SetUp screen. Don't forget to switch File Type back to CQ Files (.cmd or .cqp) when you want to see your CQ files. It is great to have the QLI files available now. You do not need to change DXF files to CQ, the QLI files are now recognized by CQ.

Marg,

It's involved and detailed converting statler files to CQ files in Autosketch. Your best bet is to email Donna and ask her to email the correct format as per Sherry's response up above....let Donna know you have a CQ. I plan on ordering some and following Sherry's advice. I did look at the OSNA website again and all the info is there, you just have to read everything (which I didn't the first time around). Make sure you have the latest CQ update.

Hope this helps.

Sherry,

Thanks so much for the explanation...it is just what I needed to refresh my memory. Happy Quilting!

Marg and Nadia,

With the latest CQ update you can now use any .qli file (Statler Stitcher format) the same as the CQ files. You can order them from any site that has .qli format, not just from One Song. Designs that have been available only for Statler Stitcher can now be used with CQ. You just need to remember to change the File Type when you want to Open a QLI design. You do not need to convert the QLI designs using Autosketch or DXF to CQ.

Originally posted by zeke

As for me, I just get the dxf file. Then I convert them over to a cmd file and that's that.

I figure that I might as well use the training that I received from Suzanne Moreno. Regards, zeke...........

Zeke, that is okay for you to say. But what about the .dxf files I got that look so strange with the macros imbedded in them? How am I supposed to convert them to a command file? The dxf to cq program opens the file in CQ, but something needs to be done to make them look right.

That is what I am asking: How do I do this so it looks like a .cmd file that I am used to seeing without all those extra dotted lines in them? I don't even know how to set it up the way it looks now.

The qli (Statler) files can be used on the CQ really well. Or at least the ones I have tried out on the newest version. You can't edit them like you can a CQ design, but they work great. One Song furnishes a .dxf file usually which can be cleaned up and saved as a CQ file. The macros need to be deleted first in AutoSketch or Pro Q or whatever you may use. Using the Statler format just makes it much easier, and you don't have to worry about the conversion process. I would like to have the dxf and the qli files myself, but that isn't true for most of the users. Donna's designs are great, but she has had problems with CQ files so doesn't offer them. Jessica at Digitech does a great job of converting Donna's files for future reference.

Archived