M & M wheels vs Bliss ? which to invest in?

Quilt Happy

I recently bought a Freedom with the Bliss system. My question has to do with the wheels. I'm a little confused... so does the Bliss system come with M&M wheels? Or, do the M&M wheels help the Bliss "drive" better. Since I'm a newbie, my circles still look like pumpkins, Bliss or no Bliss. And, I'm guessing you can also use Edge Rider wheels on the Bliss? If I wanted to improve the Bliss even more, which wheels should I get? M&M? Or Edge Rider? Or, should I just stick with what I've got and practice, practice, practice because you really can't get any better than the Bliss by itself? Help!

I just bought my Freedom in Oct and didn't spring for the Bliss then. Sure wish I would have. Tried the ER and didn't like them at all. Guess I'll just have to save up for Bliss. I like the idea of taking my husband to a show and letting him think it is his idea. He always tells me to get whatever I want! I'm a lucky gal, but I still have to pay for it.

The Bliss is hands down the way to go. SO SWEET. But if you can't spring for it then by all means go for the M&M wheels. The bliss runs on steel now so no gunk. The machine has M&M wheels bu no gunk.

Anyone want to order a new Bliss I would be happy to write up your order, just give me a call.

Happy Quilting

My machine also drifts to the middle when I "park" it on the side. I think it is because I have mounted a plug on the underside of the frame in the middle of the machine, and the slight tug of the cord is enough to cause the head to move on the lovely bliss rails. Good idea to use the channel locks - I hadn't thought of that.

I had to use a plug at one end of the table, and I find that the power cord kind of hooks "around" the machine when I reach the other end, and that's what drags it back towards the centre (There isn't enough length in the cord to keep it from doing that, aargh.) I use the channel locks to mitigate the problem, and am looking for a way to add a ziptie or something to the back of the machine to keep it from hooking that way.

On-topic question, though - the computers I work with use what appears to be the exact same cable. If I need a longer one (25'), can I use one of those? (I have them kicking around my house in quantity.)

For those who have their machine drift toward the middle of the table, I think it's probably the power cord pulling the machine. My Ult2 with Edgeriders does the same thing. I looked at everything, and could not find a problem. However when I hold up the power cord so it doesn't weigh on the machine, the drift stops. It takes very little weight to move the machine. I don't know whether overhead wiring would solve the problem. I just use one of my fabric clamps to hold the machine at the end of the table when I'm not using it. Jim

Invest in the Bliss; there is a significant difference. Since I have been in the market to buy a longarm setup, I have been trying out as many as I can. Recently I test drove a Millie on M & M's (big step up from regular wheels) and then the Bliss system;););) IT IS THAT GOOD. BLISSFULL. The resistance on the X-Y axis is virtually gone.

Ida: I am moving up from a mid-arm system (janome 1600P on a 10' frame) and when I test drove the APQS machines my circles weren't perfect either. Hang in there, that is a ppp (practise, practise, practise) thing. I also found that when I loosened my grip, my stitching flowed better.

Donna

I do love my Millie with Bliss. I have same issue with my machine, it goes 2 feet toward the center when parked. Don't know why. ER is ok, but not as great as I thought it would be and should be constantly cleaned.

Corey

Originally posted by Corey

I do love my Millie with Bliss. I have same issue with my machine, it goes 2 feet toward the center when parked. Don't know why.

Make absolutely sure that the table is level, but even when it is, Bliss moves so easily that the weight of the cord definately will pull the machine to center. Even with overhead wiring this occurs. I have just gotten used to needle down or channel locks immediately to stop the movement.

Archived