How I organized my panto's for showing customers...

There was a thread about this awhile back. After reading that thread, I started a binder with a copy of each pantograph.

One day when I was shopping in Staples I came accross heavy duty legal size page protectors and an idea was born. I wanted to share my idea, hope you find it as helpful as I.

I cut off the seal at the bottom of the page protectors and used scissors to open up the page so it lays flat. Now I trace each panto onto a page protector with a sharpie marker. Now I organized these in a legal size binder in the same order as my other binder. Now when a customer sees a panto she might like when looking through my original binder, I pull the corresponding panto out of the new binder and lay it on her quilt. Now she can see imidiately how it might look on her quilt. I organized both binders into categories and numbered each category. My panto's have the same number on them and are organized in the same order so are easy to find. I have an index in the front of both binders. I also made a price code and put on each page, so I can easily tell the customer the price, put can easily change my pricing if I need to. I am also working on drawing out my free hand designs in a similar maner.

My customers love it and so do I. Here are some pictures in case this is not clear.

post--13461905260674_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea! I have done 5-6 quilts for a lady and she was always complaining that I should get my pantos organized and put copies each of them into a notebook. Sooo when I had a free day I did just that. I might mention that she has not brought me a quilt since I made that notebook 3 months ago!:P:P:P Anyway, I love your idea!

Ardelle what a clever idea...my customers would also love this. My only hurdle in doing this for myself is time :( Oh and another perk is because you trace the pattern it helps with brain/ hand reconigition so when you go to stitch it out the first time you already have the feel for it. Cool! Thanks for the idea. :)

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful idea!! I am going to borrow it. I think I can even do the tracing parts in the evening while I am spending time with DH. Perfect solution to my unorganization and not spending enough time with him.:D

Great thinking! Thanks for posting and sharing it.

I've been trying to think of a way to show my Circle Lord designs. I often try to draw them from memory and, well, that is not always the best idea!

Maybe I can put the plastic cover on top of the template and let my marker be the stylus to copy each design. Might work.

Off to finish a quilt using the 8 1/2" Feather Wreath template...one of my favorites!

WOW. Next time I'm laid up with some type of injury - which seems to happen once a year - this is my recuperation project. This is great. Or maybe I'll take my book on vacation with me, nice evening sitting on the porch project come summer time. Thank you for sharing.

Archived