Promoting Your Quilting Business

I see alot of posts on this forum from people struggling to get their long arm quilting business started. In case this might be helpful, I came across a great promotional tool from flickr:

http://www.moo.com/flickr/

You can create a free account on flickr to upload photos of your finished quilts, and have them printed up as mini business cards to give away in quilt shops, guilds etc. Its only $20 for a box of 100.

(I found the idea on the "This French Life website")

This looks like a great site, but I do my own business cards very much like this at home with my photo printer and Avery business card stock. I might be a little more expensive to do it this way, but I like to have several different cards each with a different photo at the same time.....and with this company you would have to buy 100 of each photo....

Reason I like the different photos is that when in a rack the customers can dig down and get one of each photo and 1) they have several cards...can't loose them that way and 2) they get a sample of your different work without having to call you to ask how you would handle something.

• 10 years later...

A great site that I recently discovered for business cards, prostcards etc is print peppermint. They have extensive and some of the most unique print stuff I've seen online. I don't mind spending a fortune as long as the quality is great. But the good thing with them is they have free sample kit so I can check their quality first before purchasing from them.

I did business cards using one of my quilts as a background and also had printed one of those smart scan things on it that connect to my flickr account.  I fugured if you can put those on a ruler I can put them on a card and it works great! The only problem I run into is that some don' have smart phones or don't know how to use the scan app on the phone and they have to type in the long address....

Archived