Superior Bottom Line thread

Is it possible to use Bottom Line in bobbin and as top thread together? I,ve been trying to make it work for SID but top thread keeps breaking. If I loosen top tension then the stitching looks bad- Can't seem to find the right balance. The quilt top has a lot of different colors so I need to be pretty accurate. Are there any suggestions out there? Thanks, Becky

I use Bottom Line prewounds in the bobbin A LOT, and I use Bottom Line on top whenever I want the thread to blend out of sight. Check to make sure that you don't have a burr/rough spot somewhere - on your needle plate, in one of your thread guides or on the hook. You should be able to use Bottom Line on top AND in the bobbin with no issues.

You can loosen everything up, then gradually tighten your tensions until you have a nice stitch without thread breakage.

I'm starting to use more Bottom Line both top and botton with custom quilts. I love how it looks and lets the fabric and design be the star! It's not the best for large overall designs though because it does blend in so well. You need something heavier like a 50 wt or 40 wt.

Good Luck!:):cool::)

Archived