Little Brown Bird quilt

I am so lucky to be the quilter for this fabulous applique quilt. For those who haven't seen one of these, it has it's own book! My LQS has an LBB group, like a Dear Jane group.

This one was beautifully appliqued by someone we all know...

I will tell you who after I post some pictures and you can drool over her hand-applique and piecing skills!

Here is a full shot of the whole wonderful quilt.

post--13461906291192_thumb.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, obviously I did my swirly McT to surround the applique. All applique outlined, all tiny half-square triangles CC'd, the double blue/brown frames all SID. Wool batting, Monolon, and So Fine on top. BottomLine pre-wound bobbins. And an extra-wide Kona white on the back.

OK--who made this?

Hint--she lives in the Midwest.

Her name starts with "J".

I love her!

We bartered my payment (:P) with another fabulous applique quilt--I will post a photo of my new beautiful quilt top when I can find a place big enough to lay it out--it doesn't fit on the photo stand!!! Dennis has claimed it, but we'll see about that!

This wonderful hobby/career has brought me together with the most wonderful and talented people--can you tell I am happy?

;)

Joyce used gorgeous batiks for the flowers and enhanced with lovely hand embroidery. Look at all the space for quilting! This group of pansies has a pale orchid color which perfectly matches the color of my bedroom. Now, I just need to find time to quilt it!

post--13461906292945_thumb.jpg

What a good barter deal for both of you. Joyce, your quilts are beautiful - all that wonderful applique stitched to perfection. And Linda, your quilting on the Little Brown Bird quilt is spot on. I can't wait to see how you decide to quilt this beautiful King size pansy quilt. At least it looks like pansies to me. Congratulations to both of you.

It's good that I can type because I can't talk! My mouth is hanging open in awe!! What an amazingly talented piecer Joyce is and the quilting is lovely. It takes a brave and talented quilter to take that one on. I would have slithered away and hid!! Thanks for the inspiration in both peicing and quilting!

Guest Linda S

You did such a wonderful job of quilting this exquisite quilt, Linda! And Joyce, you are a great applique'r. Can't wait to see the other finished.

Archived