Little Brown Bird quilt

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LINDA, YOU DID A BEAUTIFUL JOB!! I know the quilt and the applique is amazing and the photos don't show how small some of the applique pieces really are.

I don't think Joyce's computer is up and running yet. She moved over the weekend and when I talked to her Monday her computer was not hooked up yet. She will be soo thrilled!!

Anxious to see the quilt in person! And Joyce's new home.

Beautiful!!! this quilt is stunning!! Love how you quilted it Linda. Joyce's computer is up, just talk to her last night to make sure she was ok. She has been busy unpacking and getting settled. OMGoodness..... I need to talk to her again, she never mention that she does that kind of work....WOW!

Gorgeous! I have a Little Brown Bird quilt started only I didn't do the quilt as designed. I only did 6 of the blocks and put them in the center of a feathered star block. I re-designed the border (still not done). I know how much work goes into this pattern so big hats off to you Joyce! It is just beautiful! You did a great job with the quilt Linda and look at that applique top you got! Great bartering.

When i saw what Linda had done on my quilt I cried, it is just beautiful and what i wanted on my quilt. She dores such beautiful work and I can hardly wait to see her quilt when it is done. She will be taking out quilt to her guild for show and tell.

She is such a special person and quilter and i just love her.

I kept trying to get closer to the computer screen to see more detail. The applique is so beautiful (on both quilts) the quilting is perfect. What fun to be able to quilt this. Can't wait to see the other quilt quilted. Anticipation !!!

Wait just a minute....I have to get a cloth to wipe up the slobber....OMG those two quilts are absolutely amazing!!! I can hardly wait to see what Linda does with her quilt...all of that fantastic quilting area for creativity and she is just the person that can do it all justice. WONDERFULL!!!!

WOW!!!! OH MY GOSH, Joyce your applique is absolutely stunningly gorgeous!! and Linda as usual you have taken a beautiful piece of art and made into an even more beautiful piece of art. Like others have said, you two are a terrific team. I sure hope that this is entered into some quilt shows and after you get through putting your artistic touch to your bartered quilt, I hope so see it hanging in a quilt show too. Your McReching is stunning!!! My jaw is still on the floor.

Holy moly, what absolutely gorgeous quilts!! Linda, as always, your quilting is so amazingly wonderful!! And I am totally blown away with the exquisite applique..............and to think that it was all done by hand just is mind boggling to me. You ladies make one heck of a team!!! Definitely going in my fav's. Can't wait to see what you do with your gorgeous pansy quilt...... Wow, you sure are an inspiration to all of us! ;):)

Bekah i use the starch method and then baste everything in place easy to carry places and work on it. I can needle turn but find it very slow and frustrating. All in how you were taught. I have a Baltimore Album to be quilted yet, and trust me I won't do it. I can do pantos but not rvery good at freehand. Oh well can be good at everything, so I pick and choose.

Archived