Wheels on Bliss

Ida

I recently bought a Freedom with the Bliss system. My question has to do with the wheels. I'm a little confused... so does the Bliss system come with M&M wheels? Or, do the M&M wheels help the Bliss "drive" better. Since I'm a newbie, my circles still look like pumpkins, Bliss or no Bliss. And, I'm guessing you can also use Edge Rider wheels on the Bliss? If I wanted to improve the Bliss even more, which wheels should I get? M&M? Or Edge Rider? Or, should I just stick with what I've got and practice, practice, practice because you really can't get any better than the Bliss by itself? Help!

Kristine is correct the machine has M&M wheels with the bliss system. So if you have a bliss table you have the M&M wheels. You do not want to put edgeriders on. As you said you can't get any better than Bliss. Ida where do you live. Come take classes. And practice, practice, practice. I find that most new quilters are not relaxing and letting it happen. If you have question please give me a call.

Not sure how much time and travel ability you have but there is a great machine quilting show coming up August 9 through the 13th in Milwaukee WI that I went to last year as a newbie and learned so much at. The classes and instructors were great! I will be there again this year to learn more!!

Check out the Milwaukee Machine Quilting Show online. Lots of classes of various levels of experience to take.

Hi there. You must be the person they were doing the delivery the same day I got my Bliss system. I live just down the road from you about 10 miles. Since you've never experienced the old wheels, you have no idea what an improvement the M&M wheels and Bliss give you. As the girls above have said, relax and practice, practice, practice. I'm teaching my daughter to quilt now and she is going through that same learning curve I'm sure you are at now. It will come and have fun. There is a long arm group that meets, I think in Stanley. I've never been able to attend because of my baby sitting responsibilities. I'm sure there is someone on the forum that can fill you in.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I found that my skills GREATLY improved after about an hour on my machine. Before that time it felt like the machine was stiff, but I hadn't been able to get on it for about 2+ weeks due to other obligations. After cleaning the tracks and oiling it a bunch, either my muscles developed greatly and "I" got broken in or the machine got broken in.

Ida you definately don't want to over oil. A friend did that and told me that her machine was always dripping oil on her carpet and sometimes on quilts. When I took the side cover off oil came pouring out of it!! Just keep the wicks oiled so when you touch them you have a little oil on your finger. Only oil them if you don't get any oil left on your finger. Now you do want to oil your hook assembly daily, spin it out, wipe it out genly. You don't want oil on your bobbin thread.

I'm not too far from you in Independence MO. If you have questions let me know.

Glad that you are feeling more confident about your machine.

Not to worry! I only oiled in/around the bobbin housing unit (on the machine, not the bobbin case) every time I changed my bobbin. I checked the wicks and oiled them too, but they weren't leaving any oil on my fingers. They were damp, but not dripping. I was practicing on a practice quilt sandwich. I'm in the basement with concrete floors.

• 2 weeks later...

Um... <she says as she hides behind her Freedom machine with a sheepish, embarrassed smile on her face>... it might help if you don't have the channel lock screwed down. You'd be amazed at how easily it slides around!!!

Originally posted by Ida

Um... <she says as she hides behind her Freedom machine with a sheepish, embarrassed smile on her face>... it might help if you don't have the channel lock screwed down. You'd be amazed at how easily it slides around!!!

That is so darn easy to do!

Archived