New Circle Lord Pattern/makeshift CL storage

Hawaii

Did anyone notice that Michael has posted another board on his site? This sure would be a pretty one for autumn!

On another note, I have figured out how to organize/store my CL toys. B4 my boards stacked flat on top of each other under my machine, and I would have to unbury boards in order to use them. Humbug.

I went to the hardware store and bought 4 dish Drainer racks - $14.00 ea.

Amazon also carries them.

http://www.amazon.com/Grayline-40330-Dish-Drainer-White/dp/B0024DQNJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320890579&sr=8-1

Each slot hold a set of kingsize boards (3) and there are 8 slots in each drainer.

Will try to take a pic to upload later.

I think someone posted something similar awhile back. I hope that this upright storage will be okay for the boards.

Linda, I was a little surprised that it was able to hold up my bigger boards. Do you think storing the boards like this could cause warpage after awhile?

But yes, this certainly makes it easier to see and access what I have. Because I am on CL overload, my stacks of boards were becoming unwieldy.

I keep my CL boards stored in a wooden box on casters that DH made for me. It looks like a caveman built it. LOL!! But it works great. My boards stand on their sides but stay upright and don't lean at all. They are kept out in the garage and it gets pretty hot here in the summer. I haven't had any problems with warping.

Great storage idea, Barbara! It looks like you got the new Lily template and haven't opened it yet! :D So many wonderful templates from Michael it is hard to decide which one to use sometimes.

Bonnie, I asked Michael about leaving the templates in the car and he said they could warp and suggested they be laid flat if left in a hot area.

Carmen,

Thanks for the gentle prod :P!

I am unburying and uninspired until I can sort things out!

I went to MQX and came back with a number of UFOs from classes, including my Zentangled marked wholecloth from Sue Patton's class. This one is next to be loaded on the machine!

The Lily design, I was thinking to use as "bones" for another zentangled quilt.

If only I could get these quilts out of my head and onto the frame to finish up! Not only is my quilting room cluttered, but my brain as well!

PS - Am always inspired by your Batik Circle Lord Quilts, Carmen!

Originally posted by yankiequilter

Bonnie, I asked Michael about leaving the templates in the car and he said they could warp and suggested they be laid flat if left in a hot area.

Oh, my, Carmen! Thank you for sharing that with me. Lucky me that I haven't had a problem, but I will definitely move them inside!

• 5 years later...

Linda - this might be the earlier discussion on storing the pattern boards - 

I made a box to store mine - they sit on the long edge and haven't warped.  I have both CL and RnS boards in it.  Since my room is carpeted, I put sliders on the bottom and a cupboard handle on a long side to slide the box back and forth under the long arm.

Archived