Tension

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=23af0c2053ddb5fb&resid=23AF0C2053DDB5FB!153&parid=23AF0C2053DDB5FB!105&authkey=!APDMW_fb0u-RGqs

Anyone got any ideas on what is causing this (click on link for pictures). I'm using Glide Thread, magna glide bobbin;

This is non-SR stitching, but it is the same with SR - possible even worse.

Checked the hopping foot height, needle position . . . bobbin case tension seems good . . . . any suggestions of where to look next?

Thanks -

I would say you either have a burr somewhere (cone of thread, or tension disk or something else) causing the thread to tighten or loosen or you have a piece of fuzz somewhere. I would first clean my machine completely. Clean between the disks and also the bobbon case. Make sure you use a needle to gently get under the finger. Also check your thread path. It looks like the thread is tightening up on something giving you what you think is good tension and then loosening. You might also want to try a new bobbin case. Hope that gives you some things to check.

It looks like something is happening with your thread paths, possibly even your check spring on the upper tension. I have found in my machine that the Magna Glide bobbins need a tighter tension in the bobbin, and a looser top thread tension. Good luck, and do let us know what "fixes it".

thank you for the posts ladies. Having this problem myself at the moment. have tried most of your suggestions, but will give discs a good clean, see if that helps. Still unpicking at the moment :( as although I checked as I went along it wasnt till I went to turn quilt that I had a clear view of back and was devastated. I thought it might of been my ruller work, as I am new, I thought I might be pressing to hard as it only seemed to happen on the sections where I had used my cable ruller. Off to clean the discs ;)

Make sure there is no lint in your bobbin case under the little finger where your thread goes around . I set my bobbin case so it will drop about 4 inches. Then all other tension adjustments I do from the top tensioner. In the photo your top tension is too loose. If no lint is there, no damage to your bobbin case and it is set like I set mine then tightening you top tension should take case if it. Maybe a full turn in the tensioner , start there.

Archived