JAN2012 BLOCK SWAP DIRECTIONS

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Busy Quilting

Donna you could always sash your blocks and alternate them with the swap blocks and have a large quilt.

Yes, I was planning to make the quilt (that I squared to 12.5 inches) and donate it to the Humane Society Charity Silent auction. in May. Good idea!

I am having a difficult time getting all my blocks to be 13 inches. Some are coming out a tad short. (Seemed easier to square and size down to 12 1/2 inches) Are all your blocks coming out to exactly 13 inches? Anyone got tips on making the blocks all come out the same?

Hitomi, it was a little bit of a challenge for me, too. When I cut the fabrics, I cut them a few threads larger. My Bernina allows me to move my needle, so I also move my needle one tick to the right when I stitch. It helps me get a better scant quarter inch. A lot of steam and starch helped me to get them square. When I squared them up, mostly it was just cutting a couple of loose threads off ... there wasn't much fabric to trim off in the end.

You are such a trooper to do these blocks again. I feel so bad that I'm the one that noticed you mentioned you squared them to 12-1/2. :(:(

Thanks Bonnie, I have a 1/4 foot with a guide on, I put a little piece of fabric between the foot where it attaches to the machine (It's an industrial machine and I cannot move the needle) Now it is sewing the seams a tad smaller. The blocks have been coming out at 13 inches. I have been trimming just a bit off (mostly threads). I feel much better now. I didn't want to have my blocks DIFFERENT from all of yours. You would have all hated me, LOL!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 60 are in the mail (30) each color. Sorry, I was so excited to get them in the mail, forgot to take pictures. It will just have to be a suprise.

This process has really put me on the getting quilts done road. I was just a ho hum quilter before, this has taught me how to orgainze and get something done quickly, I work 12 hour days and putting this into the mix has jump started my organization skills to getting quilting into my daily life. . Now I have lots of projects I want to get done and this has jump started me to getting this all done.

Shannon,

Thank you so much for doing this, I know it is a lot of work and I truly appreciate it.

Watch the envelope there something inside adressed to you.

Also, I have the postage fee clipped to the Rtn. Eve.

Again, THANK YOU - you are my quilt angel.

• 9 months later...

Hey All,

Just working on my 30's block swap, almost finished, was trying to find Shannon's picture of her finished quilt. I remember liking the baptist fan design but wanted to see it again. I have searched but cannot seem to find it. I saw Cories feathered design, it looks great but not sure I'm up for that one. Anyone know how to find the pic Shannon Posted?

In restrospect, sure wishing I would have done 60, as some of you did. Smart thinking!

Thanks, Sheila

Archived