Mexican Lasagna

I made up this based on a lasagna that my DIL made over the holidays. Hubby really liked it so I thought I would share.

Mexican Lasagna

½ box lasagna noodles cooked but firm

1 lb ground beef

1 can black beans rinsed

1 cup corn

1 ¼ cups salsa

8 oz cheddar cheese (any cheese you like can be substituted)

1 onion finely diced

1 bell pepper chopped

Chopped jalapenos to taste.

In large pan brown ground beef. Add in bell pepper and onion cook until translucent. Add in corn, salsa and jalapeno’s.

Make lasagna in 9 x 9 pan – I make it the same way as I do traditional lasagna. Put a little meat mixture on the bottom, then layer of noodles, more meat/bean mixture, sprinkle with cheese, noodles, meat/bean, cheese, repeat until the pan is full or the meat is gone. End with meat/bean & cheese on top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350. Makes 4 big servings.

I kept this light with cheese but you could always add more. You could also add in sour cream or any other veggies that you like.

Bell peppers make me very sick, :( and I just can't stand the heat of the jalapenos. my mouth burns for what seems to be hours. Drink milk, drink water or iced tea, put salt on the tongue, try Listerine, nothing seems to help out.

I leave them alone and all is fine.

I showed the recipe to my son and he made it for the family, he added the sour cream and left out the peppers and onions for the kids, just what was in the salsa. (kids still tried to pick them out too ) we had some very mild jalapenos on the side. Not at all hot Rita, so that was good as well and ate with tostitos to go with it. Really enjoyed it thanks for the recipe.

Archived