neutral thread

All shades of white/off-white/cream/eggshell/palest yellow.

Taupe, three shades of gray, sage green.

Browns from pale goldy-tan to almost black--maybe five different ones.

Is black a neutral? Then, black and an almost-black gray.

I opt for BottomLine and So Fine--those thinner threads, so the eye sees texture and not color.

Favorite "neutral"--Monolon! But not the best choice for some applications...

I'll be using a paler gold shade of Glide, # 24525, on my next quilt which I hope to get loaded tomorrow. I just looked at the bobbins and it is called Khaki, but it sure doesn't look like "Army" khaki. It's very pretty. The fabric is all batiks in shades that range from an off whitish-beige, light peach, a dark peach (almost brick), and a few other fabrics in that color range.

This is a gift for a friend who is having some health issues and if things go as scheduled, she will have 2 large lumps removed from her thyroid, and most likely her thyroid removed, too, on June 11th. They may find other problems, as well.

I just finished piecing it, hope to quilt it tomorrow and get it bound this week. I'd like to give it to her before she goes into the hospital. I need to go on line and look for a nice quote about friendship to add to the label.

Superiors So Fine are the 400s. I agree with the green but I would recommend the so fine #449 which is Celery.

If you quilt browns So Fine # 405 Cashew is another good color.

401 is snow, 402 is Pearl and 403 is putty. I hope this helps. But I do agree to just buy them all and then you can match just about anything that comes your way.

Archived