Out of town maintenance classes

Hi to Amy and Dawn, Thanks for all the great work you do for us. I see that there is a maintenance class scheduled in June in Iowa. Could you folks put it out on the discussion table that there may be a need for these maintenance classes to be offered around the USA, perhaps in conjunction with the shows you do vending at? I would love to get the down low from you experts, but don't see a trip to Iowa in my future. Thanks for keeping your owners in mind. Sally

Hi Sally,

If APQS has a booth at a show they usually offer a maintenance class offered in the show catalog. This would not be the free class available to new owners, but an extended maintenance class covering lots of things including timing. Which large show is nearest you?

You can also get advice from your dealer.

Just adding--there's not much that they show in the classes that you can't figure out from your manual--it's just nice to have a visual and be reassured that repairs and timing are not scary procedures.

Sally,

We would love to be able to provide ongoing classes at some of the shows across the country for machine maintenence, for sure! Currently Amy is scheduled to teach at MQX in Portland in October, and again at the Road to California show next January. She also regularly teaches at MQX East (in Manchester, NH next year) and at MQS. As much as I'd love to have a touring class unit (with both maintenance tips and educational tips) at the moment our staffing is a bit short.

That's not to say that it couldn't be a possibility in the future! To help with that, we're also creating several YouTube videos that show some of the main service topics and repairs for everyone. In fact, the "Timing" one should debut this week (be sure to go to YouTube and subscribe to the APQS Quilting Channel to be notified whenever a new video is uploaded or posted.)

In addition to providing more training to customers directly, one of the goals I have for APQS Customer Service is the development of a crack team of "certified technicians" who can provide assistance in other parts of the country. We hope to be able to roll out the beginnings of that program during the next year or so.

Of course, any time you have a question about your machine, you can always call or email Amy or me and we'll do our best to help!

Originally posted by DawnCavanaugh

In addition to providing more training to customers directly, one of the goals I have for APQS Customer Service is the development of a crack team of "certified technicians" who can provide assistance in other parts of the country. We hope to be able to roll out the beginnings of that program during the next year or so.

I'm still interested.

Nigel

Thanks for the quick replies. I was interested in the "in depth" class with Amy that always gets such rave reviews. I would like to get over my timidity with my machine maintenance and repairs. I have had to retime it once and was fearful that I didn't do it right. I guess if it is still stitching and the gears aren't flying around the room, I should just relax and go with the flow. Nice to hear the folks at "home office" have plans to help their consumers be proficient in all aspects of machine ownership. Will keep my eye out for a class within my travel radius. Thanks again, Sally

OUTSTANDING idea to have "how to" videos on YouTube ! I would love that. I live in Iowa, but not able to take my machine down and deliver it to Carroll. I would love for a service tech to come to my home when needed - even just for routine things and checkups. I'd be happy to pay for a service call.

I would LOVE to see a video on adjusting the Stitch Regulator length. Mine seems to be a bit off what I think it should be. Stitches fine, but I have to go down to a low number to get what used to be a 10.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by RunningThreads

Originally posted by DawnCavanaugh

I'm still interested.

Nigel

Dawn,

You mentioned this to us last January at Road to California, and I'm still interested as well. Please keep us updated.

Bill.

Archived