About those needle holes left from frogging

I had to do some frogging on a custom quilt. After all the sewing was undone, I tried spraying a little water on the needle holes and rubbing with a clothes brush, but the holes remained.

Then I got an idea. Try the Downy Wrinkle Releaser, AND IT WORKED!!! I sprayed it on and brushed with a clothes brush and let it rest a minute. Most of the holes were gone.

That is good to know. I just finished quilting a Quilt of Valor quilt and had to frog a whole row of stitching. It did leave some holes behind, but I was too afraid to spritz it with anything because I noticed that the navey blue in this quilt had rubbed off on the cream fabric. Obviously the fabrics were not washed. I will tell them to wash with color catchers in hopes that they don't have problems.

A hint from another forum, I think...get one of those battery operated tooth brushes, the kind that are about $4, not the expensive ones. Spray the area lightly with water or dip the brush in water and shake off the excess. Put the brush lightly on the area, no need to press down..turn it on and the holes will close up on a few seconds. I don't know if it works on batiks, but did try it on one of those white on white fabrics and it worked great.

Guest Linda S

Yep - the battery-operated toothbrush works on batiks, white on whites, white on creams, etc. You can use water and not have to add any additional chemicals to the quilt. The wrinkle releaser is a great idea, but anything like that causes me breathing problems -- I'm such a delicate flower! :rolleyes:

Archived