Liberty Making Strange Noise

BlueSkies

We have an '07 Liberty. It recently started making a noise in the back (column) of the machine (where you turn it on). It sounds like broken plastic parts bouncing around. I loosened the screw on the cap piece and carefully lifted it off. There are some circuit boards with wires connecting them there, and I didn't want to unhook them. There is also a band that is attached at the back that runs the whole column. I looked there, but couldn't see anything, but that is where the noise is coming from. Other than the noise, it still sews. My tension is great (using Glide with Magn-bobbins). Please someone tell me what is going on! Am I damaging the machine if I use it????? I have a Christmas present on the machine now and need to finish it. What should I do??????

Guest Linda S

Your brushes are back in that area, so that might be what it is. They are pretty easily replaced. I would definitely call APQS tomorrow. They will probably all be dragging in from Houston, but I'll bet the would be ready and willing to help.

Archived