Swarovski Challenge Winners in Houston

My dear friends Susan Garrity and Sheila Poore collaborated on this quilt for the Swarovski Create Your Style challenge. Their quilt is named Crystal Conductor and it took second place!!!! Congrats to Susan and Sheila :) :) :)

It was a thrill to travel to Houston with them and watch them win. Swarovski put on an awards ceremony at their booth in the quilt display area last Wednesday night.

It was also a pleasure to meet our forum's Corey in person! We had a lovely dinner on our last night there with nine new quiltilng friends. So much fun :D

Houston Quilt Show is fabulous, the happiest place IMHO. Beautiful people from APQS Chatroom and quilting Celebs I met & mingled in 2 short days.

Because I did not take any classes (intentionally), I was able to peruse around the Masterpieces, exhibits and vendors booths and savor the Houston Experience.

I had a short visit with Dawn C. & Suzanne P. in APQS booth, Ferret, Linzi U. and the Yurt with my quilt contribution hanging there with the rest of the "Stunt Quilters'" also.

Visited with Ann from EQ and was introduced to the owner, chatted with Sue Pelland and bought all her rulers, pattern and gizmos.

Chatted with Anne Mueller, Sheila Poore and 2 other Wyoming girls in their group, we all went to dinner Saturday night with my contingency from CA & a friend Houston. Lots of good food and laughter.

Looking forward to next year, Lord willing.

Archived