Thread in bobbin holder

lguiffrida

I have a small piece of thread left in the bobbin holder on the bottom of the machine. Not the bobbin case but the part that holds that. I got it cleaned out once and started sewing again and it happened again. So I'm thinking there is some still stuck in there. Can i take out the grey piece that holds it? or is there a way to clean this area?

I'm pretty new and trying to learn all the "correct" ways. :rolleyes:

Thank you,

Lisa in MO

Lisa, do NOT take the hook assembly apart. Best way to loosen thread or other junk in that area is to thoroughly soak the hook assembly in WD-40, even allowing it to sit overnight, then spin it out and clean/re-oil as usual. Give APQS service a call - they can walk you through further steps. Good luck!!

Guest Linda S

I have also used a piece of Glide Dental Floss (not to be confused with Glide thread) to get gunk out from the side of the hook. Of course, I did this after I had already called APQS Parts and ordered a new hook, as I was sure mine was permanently damaged. I shredded the dental floss in there a few times, but kept at it (along with some WD40) and eventually had all of the snags gone. I then oiled, and it's been find ever since. Sometimes things just get really dirty. (I wonder how that happens?!?). :P

Archived