Anyone want to help me brainstorm names?

I have had a blog for eons -  which has one name.    

My new longarm quilting business,  I would like to have a name something like

Urban Stitch Quilting Studio

Urban Edge Quilting

Stitched in Thoughts  (my blog is Millions of Thoughts)

Or also using my name in the title.

I want to have a bit of a modern name, but one that won't turn away traditional quilters.  Does that make sense?  I am really interested in the more modern styles of quilting, and want to create a bridge between  the modern/traditional quilters and quilting.  I'm brainstorming names and keep coming back to the three above.   Do you have any suggestions or thoughts for me?  

I've been going through this for a good few weeks and have started to bang my head.   

Each of them are easy to read and to say with normal enough wording to spell so they should be easy to remember and find.  The one thing I remember hearing from my quilt shop owner is the positioning in phone books, and other search lists, the closer to the beginning of the alphabet the more visibility you have.  Although your Urban is closer to the finish of the list than using a L, M, N right smack in the middle.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

thanks for the feedback so far! 

Marci -  I like Urban Edge Quilting too.  I used the word edge because of the edge to edge quilting...but yes, it also has a bit of an 'edge' to it too.  :rolleyes:

Madelyn - good point about alphebetizing.   Andrea's Urban Stitch Studio?   Andrea's Urban Quilting? 

Andrea's Urban Edge Quilting.  Or Andrea's Urban 2 Edge Quilting  ?

I would leave the studio off, it makes me wonder if people think they can come in for classes or do their own work or if you are an artist in the canvas/glass, sculpture variety.  You may work IN your studio, but it isn't anyone else's studio.

When I was a quilt shop owner; there was three of us in town; all our our stores carried catchy names but the locals all called our shops by our first names: Lisa's or Beckie's or Velma's and never by our shop names.  While I was that shop owner, we all called the local longarmers by their first names, too. At least if you put your first name first they can easily find your listing; just food for thought. Have fun with your new name!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived