Kansas City quilters

I have a ton of machine quilting tools, toys, books, pantos, etc for sale. No time to box them up and ship them. If you are interested, live in the Kansas City area and have a phone....call or text me at 816-734-2904. You can email me at mary.atchison1@gmail.com if you have questions. I am not on this forum much. Went out of business a couple of years ago and have been too busy to do anything with all my goodies. Again, I have no time to ship this stuff. I will make you a great deal.

Hey girlies!! I sneak in here sometimes just to see what you all are up to. Still love to see the pictures of inspiration. Miss you all terribly. School is keeping me busy. I actually love going, never thought I would say that. Nursing is my true calling, seems about the time I start thinking this is crazy, something pops up to affirm my decision. If you all know of anyone in my area who is starting out or who is in need of supplies, send 'em my way. I will make them a deal they cannot refuse. I would love to help out a new quilter.

Mary Beth:  My name is Mary Beth, too.  I was just in Overland Park/Lenexa today.  I'll be back on Monday night/Tuesday,  Would love to take some of your toys off your hands - and love to meet you.  I actually bought my machine just a month before you advertised yours and was just sick that I didn't wait just a little longer. Not sure how this new Forum works, but lets try to get together.  THANKS!!!!

MaryBeth Atchison..you will LOVE meeting Mary Beth (quilted sunflower).

I had the pleasure of meeting her last year in Kansas City. She's a sweetie pie!!

I miss all of you gals. This year, looks like i'll be missin in action again in  Witchita, KS.

I will be using my $ to fly down to Phoenix  AZ to be with my Auntie Dee for about 9 days in July, doing

some longarming up in the mountains north of Flagstaff!

Had the pleasure of going 2 yrs ago, and got asked back again this year!  I can't wait!!!!

Will miss you ALL, but maybe next year, unless I decide to try a different show...who knows...I may be doing Road to Cali!!!! Or, MQX West to meet the Moxi's!!! Cuz i've only met Patti Jo, & Barb Mayfield...a few times!

Mary Beth:  My name is Mary Beth, too.  I was just in Overland Park/Lenexa today.  I'll be back on Monday night/Tuesday,  Would love to take some of your toys off your hands - and love to meet you.  I actually bought my machine just a month before you advertised yours and was just sick that I didn't wait just a little longer. Not sure how this new Forum works, but lets try to get together.  THANKS!!!!

Did you call me? I have been at the hospital in Springfield, visiting my dad and spending time helping my mom. My head is in a fog right now. I think you called me. Anyway, I am home now, so if you are coming this way, I am here. I work 8:30 am till 3:00. I have someone possibly coming today. Someone else that I am trying to find her email address, named Sharon....in the Clinton, MO area...Sharon, if you are out there I am looking for your email.

Mary Beth, let me know when you want to come by.

Mary Beth, I don't know if you've ever noticed how many nurses are quilters and are on this site.  While I loved my nursing career and it brought me great pride I have to tell you that it will eventually drain you if you don't have some kind of creative outlet to fill you back up.  It doesn't have to be quilting, but you need to have something.  You are such a great quilter that I can't imagine it being anything else.  You will figure this out for yourself in time and we'll all be here to welcome you back.  You can do both you know.  Have fun with your nursing career and enjoy yourself.     

Mary Beth, I don't know if you've ever noticed how many nurses are quilters and are on this site.  While I loved my nursing career and it brought me great pride I have to tell you that it will eventually drain you if you don't have some kind of creative outlet to fill you back up.  It doesn't have to be quilting, but you need to have something.  You are such a great quilter that I can't imagine it being anything else.  You will figure this out for yourself in time and we'll all be here to welcome you back.  You can do both you know.  Have fun with your nursing career and enjoy yourself.     

Oma,

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for saying I was a great quilter. I would not have considered myself in that catagory. I liked it for a time and if I could have done if for myself only, then I would probably have loved it. Maybe someday. If I do it for myself, I don't need a Millie, something much smaller would work. However, I don't miss it at all. I was not confident with my quilting. It is sad to see my things go. I think I hate seeing the rulers and such and my Circle Lord stuff...that was difficult to part with. I miss my peeps here on the forum.

As for nursing. I can't wait. I know so many people who tell me it is draining, and taxing, and hard on you. This is something I should have done right our of high school, but was not encourage to go into higher learning. I knew I could do it, but had no one to encourage me. I have tried to encourage my kids and the kids I work with to go for whatever your desire is...don't stop. I can't wait to begin my career. I don't want to work in a nursing home, but have to tell you, I have a heart for the elderly and would love to work with them somehow.

As for creative outlet, I love to sew...and hold on to your hats quilters...I love to make clothing. That is my thing.

Thank you for your compliments, I really appreciate it.

Archived