wheels

When I was cleaning my M&M wheels that I have had on the machine for a little over two years I noticed that some of them are starting to peel on the side next to the track. Does that mean something is out of adjustment? It doesn't seem to be moving any differently yet and I clean them with an alcohol rag when I clean the track. Thinking I am doing something wrong. :wacko:

Bonnie, it is not recommended to clean the M&M's with alcohol, it can dry out the  wheel.  I am pretty sure that is what Dawn had posted a few months back.  They do build up oxidation which can get flaky.  Are you sure they are peeling? or is it just oxidation flaking off?

Patty you were right it was just oxidation built up thanks and will not use the alcohol rag on them. Thanks for the info.

Jennifer, just use a soft cloth or batting scrap. If the oxidation is really caked on, use the alcohol for a "one time" cleaning, then just go back to using a soft rag.

However, you CAN clean the rails the wheels run on with alcohol...that will cut down on the black residue. Wipe the rails well, then "polish" them a little with another dry piece of batting to remove any alcohol residue. Just don't do the wheels with the alcohol. :)

Archived