ffq-lar

Desert Sky quilt

29 posts in this topic

This is a detail shot of a JN pattern called Desert Sky. I used BL gold thread top and bobbin throughout.

The paper-pieced stars were quilted with a design in the spikes and no quilting in the opposite spikes. That made the circles the focus.

I figured with the odd-shaped background--the L-shape, squares and rectangles for the border, I needed a meander-y overall and decided on ferns. Not very desert-y but a graceful choice.

She was very happy with it.

post-881-0-85179300-1361997022_thumb.jpg

post-881-0-83358700-1361997275_thumb.jpg

I love these Judy Niemeyer  quilts.  Every time I see one, I want to make it.  And, I have a Glacier Star of my own waiting to be quilted.  This is a very pretty quilt, and I love the look of the ferns in the squares.  Very pretty, as always.

As usual you knocked it out of park., You always do such amazing work.  Your customers are certainly blessed to have you quit for them. 

Linda I just love your quilting and enjoy seeing how you enhance the quilt design. I think those spiky fern feathers are perfect with the spikes you emphasized in the circles, but soft enough to swirl around the circles.

I am working on a New York beauty quilt, it's only been about three years since I stared piecing it! I am close now and your quilting has given me the urge to finish it so I can start quilting it.

Thanks again for the inspiration! If I could only find the time as easily....