Desert Sky quilt

This is a detail shot of a JN pattern called Desert Sky. I used BL gold thread top and bobbin throughout.

The paper-pieced stars were quilted with a design in the spikes and no quilting in the opposite spikes. That made the circles the focus.

I figured with the odd-shaped background--the L-shape, squares and rectangles for the border, I needed a meander-y overall and decided on ferns. Not very desert-y but a graceful choice.

She was very happy with it.

post-881-0-85179300-1361997022_thumb.jpg

post-881-0-83358700-1361997275_thumb.jpg

I love these Judy Niemeyer  quilts.  Every time I see one, I want to make it.  And, I have a Glacier Star of my own waiting to be quilted.  This is a very pretty quilt, and I love the look of the ferns in the squares.  Very pretty, as always.

Linda I just love your quilting and enjoy seeing how you enhance the quilt design. I think those spiky fern feathers are perfect with the spikes you emphasized in the circles, but soft enough to swirl around the circles.

I am working on a New York beauty quilt, it's only been about three years since I stared piecing it! I am close now and your quilting has given me the urge to finish it so I can start quilting it.

Thanks again for the inspiration! If I could only find the time as easily....

Archived