Bobbin holder for tangled bobbin threads?

I use those rubber donut shaped bobbin holders....but as you have bunch...I think I would sort them by color into old check boxes or jars or something.....that way at least you would not have to be handling the whole lot of them looking for the right color........I have similiar problems with my embroidery threads...they are also getting unwound and tangled even in my thread boxes....Lin

I have plenty of meds that come in skinny short, med, and tall, fat that are short, med, Tall,  and a couple even

fatter.

I  put one color in each, then as the supply gets lower, those in the fat bottles are moved to a tall skinny bottle.

I put the color names on the tops with white duct tape.  Also, I use them in the non child proof sides of the lids.

Creaky hands just won't open them on the child proof side.

I then keep them in one larger container.  I think I'm using a clear tray that is for ice cubes from the ice maker.

They can also be laid down in shallow boxes, and put the names on the bottles.   I lay them with the top of one

against the bottom of another, sort of in a tumbler quilt pattern.  That saves room, frustration, etc.

Rita

I like Rita's use of the empty med bottles.  In the past I've cut a slit in the side of the pre-wound cards and kept them "kind of sorted".

but using the empty meds and keeping them sorted, I'm realizing I could use one again when I have just a bit more to finish, instead of using a new bobbin.

I keep the bottles to put bent and broken pins and needles, but I'm going to keep them now for bobbins.

Thanks Rita.

Archived