Dr Who Quilt

I just finished this Tardis quilt for my grandson Branden's 16th birthday present.  My kids and grandkids are Dr Who fanatics!  So, when I saw a picture of this on Pinterest, I just knew I had to make it for him. He lives in Iowa and we will be taking it to him in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see the reaction on his face when he sees it!!

8752111710_31c56435c9.jpg
IMG_4403 by DyanCT, on Flickr

Here is a picture of the back and I tried to get a close up of the panto.  My camera doesn't take very good close-up pictures.  I drew the pantograph myself.  It is the tardis and then bursts of stars around it.

8751225667_02b7fb5f19.jpg
IMG_4394 by DyanCT, on Flickr

This quilt is so timely given the uproar in the Dr. Who universe as fans try to decipher just who John Hurt will play in the special on November 23rd.  Is he really the 12th doctor?  Dyan - your grandson will be thrilled with the quilt.  If he isn't for some unimagineable reason, I have a 13-yr old daughter who would be pleased to have it:)

Lynn

Dyan,

I shared your post with my daugher and her equally Dr. Who crazy friend.  I think I have the girls talked into making Tardis quilts over the summer.  I even happen to have a stash of Tardis blue left from another project:)

Thanks for the post.

Lynn

Archived