needle up/down adjustment on white Millie

Robbijoyeklow

I have a new White Millie. I haven't had a chance to use it much, only a few hours.  This just started today: when I hit the button (on any of the four handles), the needle keeps stitching. Very slowly, but it's not doing the half stitch. I can get the needle down light to go on if I press the needle down button and then the other side of the rocker to stitch. BUT if I do that, the machine won't stop when I press down on the other side of the rocker. Is this a problem with the #8 screw needing adjustment? And if so, is it still on top of the machine? I'm reading about a plug on the back side, I can't figure out if that is relevant to me.

On my older Millie it would be the number 8 screw. It is under the hood on mine. On the new ones you would have to look in the manual or give Amy a call and ask. I have to adjust mine about twice a year must be a seasonal thing.

Shirley

I played with the #8 switch, and slowed it down so much that it was hardly going up and down, but it still wasn't stopping. SO, I called Amy. Amy had me stand in front of the machine and tell her which lights were activating and by that, she could tell I need a new small circuit board. It's Friday and they are sending it priority mail, so I'll probably have it Tuesday. In the meantime, I can keep quilting, I just have to hit the needle up button twice if I want to dip the needle. (the needle down sensor isn't sensing). I was thinking about what I need the needle down for. It isn't just getting it to stop in the needle down position, it's getting the needle to stay in the quilt when I roll it, or when I want to put the side clips on.

In any case, I'm delighted that they moved the adjusting screw to the back of the machine, low, so I don't have to crack the top open and stand on a stool. I do need a lighted magnifying glass though. That's very helpful.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived