Ult. I motor racing

BethDurand

Just looking for help from anyone who can offer any other suggestions.  Lynn purchased an Ult I about 2 years ago, and seems to have been doing great with her machine.  However, her motor started to race, and the machine won't stop. We have just replaced the mother board and the motor both, but it's still doing the same thing that it was before those two. Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks and enjoy the weekend.

Beth,

If you just replaced the motor, then it isn't the brushes. Just checking; you say it's an Ultimate I in the title but an Ultimate II in the body of the post. If it's an Ultimate I and has a needle positioner, then the optical sensor may be damaged or dirty. I've attached a file to help you locate the sensor. In addition, it could be the speed sensor on the machine (the rotary dial) is malfunctioning

Finally, since you just installed a new motor, turn up the speed full blast and run the machine for 10 minutes or so to break in the new motor brushes. Sometimes that can help.

Ultimate 1 optical sensor replacement.doc

Hi Amy,

It is my machine that is racing. Do you mean just let it running full bore for 10 minutes, should I adjust the speed dial during this time at all? 10 or 0 it is full out racing fast!!!

Can you send me the rotary dial sensor on Tuesday? Since Beth and I have used the mother board, new motor and Optical sensor. Give me a call on my cell and I'll give you a credit card number for all of the parts. I will run the machine tomorrow for 10 minutes or so to break in, if that works, I'll let you know:)

Thank you for checking the forum and helping.

Archived