Top thread getting stuck in bobbin area

Southern Quilts

I have been talking with Amy from APQS (wonderful!!  Thanks, Amy!) about my issue and we had not resolved it yet as of end of business yesterday, so I thought I might throw out a life line to yall to see if you have any other ideas.  My top thread is getting stuck in the hook assembly when I try to pull up the bobbin thread....and even getting stuck with no bobbin in there at all.  When the hook hooks the thread, it takes the thread around and it gets stuck between the metal and black part of the bobbin area at about 8-9 o'clock.  I noticed that one of you posted about that before.  I have soaked the area with WD-40, oiled it, rocked the assembly back and forth looking for anything stuck, ran dental floss through the area, sanded the hook assembly, ran delicate fabric over that area looking for burrs.  I've done all that Amy recommended.  Any other ideas?  Time for a new hook assembly?

So strange....I just finished a quilt with it on Wednesday with no problems whatsoever.  Loaded a new quilt and changed thread color (not brand or type - I use Glide thread) and BOOM...will not pull up.  Don't get it....she's been such a good girl!  She is an Ultimate XX.

Thanks for your help!  Denise in Georgia :)

Hey Denise! I am so sorry that you are having trouble, and that I don't have any advice. But I did want to tell you that the hook assembly on your machine is a little less than a year old. But, I am the one who put it on so I can't guarantee that it was done perfectly. I hope you can get this fixed without too much trouble. Hope that all else is well.

Carol

Denise

I assume your XX has a single stitch function. It may be the mag collar adjustment. Please unthread your needle and remove the needle plate.  Cycle the single stitch a couple of times and watch where the tip of the hook stops.  It should stop just slightly to the right of the hook finger (no more than the finger's width to the right.)  If it is out of adjustment call Amy on Monday and ask her to send you the instructions for making the adjustment.  I am not sure of the procedure for your machine so I don't want to steer you wrong.  This is something that almost never needs adjusting.

When you do get it figured out let us know.

Nigel

Just an update in case someone searches for solutions to this problem in the future....I dont know if was going through all of the possible solution steps again or answered prayers or both :), but she is up and running again with no hiccups at all! Just love when you wake up one morning and the machine is working again! Thanks for everyone's help! Denise :)

Archived