Vintage Double Wedding Ring quilt

My customer picked up this vintage DWR top at a local antique mall for $60. The fabric is vintage feed sacks with 1930's solids and everything is hand-pieced except the green four patches. One piece in an edge arc had a hole and she replaced with a scrap of 30's feed sack fabric she inherited from her mom. One or two arc seams were repaired as well. It has some stains and dye transfer from being folded on itself, but she'll use Synthrapol and a mild restoration soap to do the final cleaning after she binds it. Wool batting made everything so nice.

I did an era-friendly flower design, a double leaf in the yellow football shapes and CC's over pairs of arc piecing. She's in love with it and so am I!

Here's a link to Flickr. Arrow right when you get there for detail shots. Thanks for looking! I'm off to MQX tomorrow and so excited to see everyone!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/larech/10158175903/

A rescue completed! That must be very satisfying for you! Lovely quilting. Did you use a 30s print on the back?

She had white fabric with tiny purple scissors on it. It was "almost" vintage since it had been in her stash since the 90's!

Thanks for the great comments, everyone! :)

• 2 years later...

Archived