Metropolitan Man - modern quilting

Sheagatzi

Theresa it's not made of old men's clothes!!  I bought wool suiting, silk and shirting from the fabric store.  The wool is 100% british wool suiting.  It is very light weight, so I'm guessing the ones I purchased are a summer weight.   

The quilt is not heavy at all, infact, I'm surprised.  It is lighter than my cotton quilts of similar size.   I used hobbs 80/20.   I was worried that because of the extra dense stitching, the quilt would be heavy, and it is not at all. I kind of wish I used a flannel for the backing now.  

I am probably going to go back and quilt some more of the lighter grey blocks to stabilize a bit more.   I love the puffy effect, but I want it to look a bit more stable. 

Thanks for the comments - I especially love texturlicious! :D

This quilt was so much fun to put together and finally quilt.   I'm kind of sick of pebbles at the moment...need a few days off! My eyes are feeling a bit crossed!

Andrea,

Thanks for sharing, I have some wonderful pedelton wool, yards of gray black, green ... from my days of managing a fabric boutique in the 80's.  I looked at it the other night an wonder what could/should I do with it.  Now I realize, I can do blocks and texture.  Thanks for sharing.  Your work is fabulous.  Keep it up. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived