Mag sensor replacement

qltnbe

Just want to let you know that I had been having issues with my Millie for some time (needle up/down not working, half stitch not working, thread shredding)  but because of time constraints, other commitments and what nots, I just had not contacted APQS with the problems.  I oiled the machine, used WD40, compressed air, changed thread, changed bobbins, checked for burrs, changed needles, changed needle position, adjusted the #8 screw, and I am sure there are more things that I tried.  Anyways, I finally broke down and sent a lengthy e-mail to APQS and got a response the same day from Dawn  and within a couple days after that I had a new mag sensor replacement in the mail with wonderful directions on how to take out the old and put in the new.  Guess what?!!!  It works now.  I could kick myself for waiting so long.  What was I thinking?  The people at APQS are so dedicated and so educated on these machines that they can pull the answers right out of their hat.  I can't wait to get a quilt back into my machine and see if this has taken care of all my problems like Dawn thinks it will.  I am just so excited right now that it runs like it is supposed to.  Thank you so much Dawn! 

It's the sensor that makes the needle do a half stitch either up or down.  I couldn't get a half stitch, only a whole stitch; therefore, no needle up or needle down positions by choice.  My needle was always in the up position.  Also, it would not quit stitching once I hit a button for it to stop.  Dawn thinks this will take care of my thread shredding as finally the computer and the machine will be in sync.  At least that's the way I understand it. 

Archived