I Spy Fabric Swap Anyone?

Brenni

My thing is I Spy Quilts.  I make them in batches of 6 or so.  I give many to a policeman brother who gives them to crisis counselors.  I also have a large family and they give them as gifts.  They are always the hit of any baby shower.  I am not an artist but a good technician.  My Lenni and Circle Lord templates help me complete these quilts quickly.  I love shopping for novelty fabrics.  I really appreciate the artists behind the various fabrics.  

I am looking for 20 people to do an I Spy fabric swap.  20 people will submit 4-inch squares from 4 fabrics.  20 squares from each fabric.  Shipping will be to/from zip code 22206. 

If you are interested please IM me and I will send the swap instructions.  Once I get 19 people I will email everyone that we have a complete swap.  If you join I will send you a sample of the instructions I give out with each quilt. 

Thanks.

Mary

post-3052-0-53580300-1388933423_thumb.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to make sure I understand, we only need 4 different novelty fabrics, is that correct?  I have more than that, but they are fat quarters.  If I can't get a full 20 squares out of each fat quarter (since sometimes they are not cut at 18" x 20"), would it be OK to substitute another fabric to get to the 80 squares?

Betsy.  You can use 5 fat quarters that add up to 80 squares.  You can probably only get 16 out of a closely cut fat quarter.  5 fat quarters of 16 is perfectly fine.  As long as I can get 4 stacks of 20 fabrics with no repeats from each contributor it is fine.  Mary

Count me in as well.  I'll IM you.

My dad was a cop for years, friend was a cop, killed in the line of duty.  I try to make a quilt a month out of strings of fabric.  I mostly just make these as beginner and ender blocks, and it's pretty amazing how quickly they add up.   Also somewhat sad that I've made at least 4 string quilts, and still can't even see a dent in my stash of strings!

Looking forward to this project.

LisaC.  Thanks for the offer.  I may take you up on it. 

Leslie - I am unable to IM you back.  This is fine.  Please email me.  See below. 

If anyone is unable to use IM, please email me at cbsmls at comcast dot net .  Of course change the at and dot to the regular format.  Put SWAP in the subject line. 

Thanks.

Mary

DixieQ - Those are too cute and perfect. Can I put you down? I saw that same quilt today.  That particular lady does some amazing work.  I read her binding lesson she has posted.  She is a perfectionist. 

Heidi - I sent you IM.  Thanks for joining. 

If you all have non-forum friends who want to join, have them send me an email.  I have about 6 slots left to fill if DixieQ joins. 

I am asking for the fabrics by the end of January so you have a few Saturdays to shop.   

Mary

The Swap is officially FULL.  :)  I am looking forward to getting different fabrics to use.   

I have contacted everyone with the rules.  If you did not get them, please IM me or email or post and I will get them to you.   

Thanks for joining. 

Mary

Archived