I Spy Fabric Swap Anyone?

Brenni

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Rita and Marci.  The first round is full BUT I will keep track of anyone interested in a second round.  I have 4 already if you are interested.   

This is my first SWAP ever so I did not realize how fast they would go. 

If anyone is interested in a Second SWAP, please IM or email me - cbsmls at comcast dot net.  SWAPPERs can have two SWAP slots if they want.  (2 sets - 8 fabrics of 20 squares)

Mary

I was upstairs getting my fabric ready to cut and realized these are 4 inch squares.  Meaning they will become a 3½ inch square when finished.  Seems very small.  Now, what I'm really saying is that with all of my many dollars worth of Studio dies I own I don't have one that is a 4 inch square that I have found yet.  I have almost every strip cutter they make...all are ½ inch bigger to account for seams...like 2½, 3½, 4½, etc.  I realized I am probably going to have to cut these by hand.  I have all sorts of square sizes...not a 4 incher in the bunch though.  I'm whining.  I'll cut them.  It's not that hard.  Wah!!!!!  I'm spoiled I guess.

Actually, I just had an MRI and a bone scan and I may have a collapsed disk and a compression fracture in my lumber region.  I see the doctor next week for the results.  I will just have to cut these sitting down.  I'm still ok for doing two groups if needed...like I said...I'm whining. 

Ok..all better now...I shall cut tomorrow...lol.   

Thank you so much for your offer Mary, but I can cut them.  I was just tired and my back hurt so I was whining.  They're squares for goodness sakes...it's not a hard.  I joined your swap so it would make me have to go to my sewing room and do something.  I will get them done today while my husband is golfing.  Sometimes whining helps...lol.  :)

Saw a great disappearing 9-Patch with "I spy" fabrics in the outer corners and a solid in the middle. The center blocks of all sides were white, when it was a still a 9-patch. Can hardly wait for enough people for the second swap. Have a bunch of squares cut and ready to ship. If I need to do two sets I can.

Second SWAP Now Open:)  :)  If you sent in a first set already and want to participate in the second swap, just send the squares and I will send back in the same prepaid envelope you sent me.  I will email or IM sometime this morning to those asking to participate - Same Deadline.  Blocks will be the same size. Please reply back that you are participating and how many slots you want (2 max please).  I am keeping to 4" for this second swap.  Maybe later in the year I will do another of a different size.   Mary

I replied regarding the second swap to your e-mail...I'm in! May take a few extra days as now I have to go back to the fabric store (oh darn ;) ) Actually I will be travelling for a few days and pass by some fun quilt shops and can look for some fabrics there as new ones for the second edition!

Archived