Gutermann Thread

Has anyone used Gutermann thread from Joann's? I got in a bind last week because I needed a specific color and bought a cone. With coupon it was less than $3. It worked great. I am not one to use low quality supplies so I want your opinions. It was poly thread and went on a wall hanging it would not be sat on...so I went for it.

Thanks

Don

Well Don, I can't say I've ever used Gutterman thread on Zelda, but if it stitched O.K. then it works.  I pretty much stick to YLI Longarm professional and Superior Bottom Line because Zelda is set up for it, and I've had good results.  I don't have to do much tension adjustment when I use this combo all the time.  Jim

True confession time - I have used it on a few quilts lately, and it seemed to be fine.  Quite a few years ago I was told by a Bernina dealer that it was a reasonably good thread, and not too linty.  Of course, they were talking about for use in a DSM, but if we can use if for quilting on our DSM, why not on our APQS?  I did slow down a bit, but that's about it.  I was having tension trouble before I tried it, and had none with the Guttermann.

I'm not really a Gutermann fan, but that's because I've had trouble with it in my sewing machine.  Could have been a bad spool.  If it works for you, go for it!  As Bob from Superior says, buying a long arm and using one kind of thread is kind of like your husband buying a great big plasma TV and just watching ESPN.  Variety is the spice of life!

I've used Gutterman on the domestic and Penny, a bit of lint but not nearly as bad as Coats and Clarks..

What I've made with it doesn't show fading or deterioration..

I didn't have to adjust Penny much.  I seldom adjust her.

Rita

Archived