• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can attest to the outstanding LED light that Mike makes.  The light is so much better than the swing arm light that George came with.  I can see much better, and the black light has come in handy on one or two blocks.  I whole heartedly recommend the upgrade LED light for older machines, if your eyes are getting older.  

Mike's response to questions were great.  I called late one evening, expecting to leave a message, and he answered the phone.  He replied to all my concerns and he even cut me a small deal when I ordered two LED lights; one for my George, and one for another George owner in my guild.  Mike modified the power cords to meet both of our needs, and our machines were different with one having a power plug in at the rear, and the other with out.  

I say if you need more light, upgrade to Mike's LED.

Cagey

• 2 months later...

These lights are fantastic.  A customer asked us to get them and install them for her.  They are very easy to install.  It took my DH about 1/2 hour to install and that included removing the bobbin winder on a 2001 machine as the customer doesn't use that and wanted it off there for a cleaner look.  They are just as bright as the lights that APQS puts on the newer machines.  Wonderful!  Thanks, Mike. 

Also, Mike was so easy to work with.  There was a glitch with the overnight mailing and he went the extra mile to get my money back for that as well. So he provides good customer service as well. 

I just went out and looked at this system.   Since my machine didn't sell I'm thinking about adding the LED lights and Bliss.  For those of you who have this system, how did you decide whether to get the inline system or the plug in for the back receptacle on the machine?   I use my back receptacle for my laser light so I'm thinking I don't want that however would like to know pros/cons of each one.

With the inline system, can you somehow attach this to the machine without using double sided tape - I hate permanent attachments to my machine as a lot of times they don't come off clean if you ever want to remove them.

Also, can you use your micro drive handles with this light system?   It sounds like my Quiltazoid will work with the right screws so that shouldn't be a problem.     Thanks....Mercedes

I just went out and looked at this system.   Since my machine didn't sell I'm thinking about adding the LED lights and Bliss.  For those of you who have this system, how did you decide whether to get the inline system or the plug in for the back receptacle on the machine?   I use my back receptacle for my laser light so I'm thinking I don't want that however would like to know pros/cons of each one.

With the inline system, can you somehow attach this to the machine without using double sided tape - I hate permanent attachments to my machine as a lot of times they don't come off clean if you ever want to remove them.

Also, can you use your micro drive handles with this light system?   It sounds like my Quiltazoid will work with the right screws so that shouldn't be a problem.     Thanks....Mercedes

I love my light . I have a 2005 Millie love that it is inline system it is designed to use the florescent plug in. yes you can use your Micro handles. If you have any questions Mike is excellent at answering all of them. I would not hesitate to recommend this light , as for removing it, I would never remove it ...I Love it

Archived