Bobbin case hitching

Everyone has/or will  at some time get their cleaning cloth caught in the hook area.

The hook finger you are talking about can be easily moved out from the hook, your manual will have pictures of how to do so.  It requires standing on your head or sitting under your machine and looking up, something I cannot do so can now do it by feel!

You may find you also need to time your machine.  If you have a laptop set it up beside the machine as you go through the video that Nigel sent you the link too.  Watch the video a couple of times before starting and get your tools together.  Depending how tight your hook screws are you may need to call in some man power muscles so that you do not burr the top of the screws.

Peaceful:  You say "the bobbin case goes round",  Is that correct?  The bobbin case should NOT go round.  The hook rotates around the bobbin case, the bobbin case remains still.  If the bobbin case is going around, the black "finger" that holds the bobbin case basket is out of place.  It sits in a slot and attaches to the machine just under the needle plate with a single screw.  Loosen the black finder.  Rotate the bobbin case backet so that the notch in it is in the 12 o'clock position.  Slide the black finger into the notch, making sure that it is only about 1/3 of the way in, then tighten it  The thread loop goes through the space between the finger and the basket, that's why you only slide it particially in.  You now have the bobbin case properly located.  With the a needle properly installed, rotate the machine by hand with the hand wheel to make sure the needle does not hit the hook assembly.  If it does, you'll need to re-time.  If not, thread the machine and stitch a bit.  If the machine makes good stitches everything is OK.  If it doesn't make good stitches, or the needle bumps the hook assembly you'll need to re-time it.  Good luck.  Jim

Thanks for all the hints. The timing video is great, got it all apart and sent photos to Brenda at APQS. I did bend the finger, ordered 2 new ones. And damaged the hook, a bit more costly! Moral of story, don't use batting, cloth etc as I was trained, but a solid object, pot pie pan that cannot be sucked in to muck up the works. Hope I'm not down too long. Sure learned a lot about the machine and appreciate your responses! Brenda was awesome!

I can't find a way to update my profile? I'm in Md, long arming 10 years but new to Millie.

Archived