Quiltazoid for Sale

Now that I have installed IQ on my Millie I would like to sell my quiltazoid. I had no problems with the Quiltazoid and have all the instructions, instructional DVD, Spiro attachment and 5 templates: #11 spiral, #24 pinched square; #15 no title; #18 Regal; #21 Block party. Asking $600.

5/24/15 SALE PENDING

Sue:  The Quiltazoid is a tool used to trace patterns, or stitch circles, ovals and spirographic designs if it's equiped with the spiro components.  It's used from the front of the machine.  The main assembly clamps to the backing roller on your machine, and the end rests on your leveling or take-up roller.  It works with a stylus that runs in the pattern grooves, or like a compass when doing circles and spiro designs.  The unit being offered apparantly has the spiro components and 5 pattern templates.  It came off a Millie, so it would certainly fit your Freedom.  They've been made to fit a number of different manufacturers' machine.  The main difference one machine to another is the bracket that attaches to the machine head, I think.

The Quiltazoid is a fine tool.  They've stopped making them, so you'll only be able to buy used ones now.  You won't be able to buy templates from them, but I understand a number of other manufacturer's templates will fit the Quiltazoid.  The spiro components allow you to make a great many different designs.  I don't think you can use "panto" boards from the back of the machine, but you can do pattern extensions from the front by simply moving the tool itself.  The border templates they offered employed this approach.  If you look at this listing, you'll see that she wants $600 for the set up.  The new price for what she's offering was over $1000.

I have one that I use on my Ult2.  It does require a stitch regulated machine which you apparantly have.  I like it a lot.  The tool is a quality piece.  No cheap junk.  It allows you to repeat patterns precisely, like a computer driven system, but manually.  Since the seller has gone for computer drive she feels she no longer has a need for a manual system.   Hope this helps you understand what it is.  Quiltazoid had a web site with you tube videos where you could see it in action.  I don't know whether it's still out there or not since they discontinued making them about a year ago.  Check and see if you're interested. 

I know several forum members have them, and I haven't seen anyone complain about the Quiltazoid.  I know I have no complaints. Jim

R & S Designs has a large selection of the boards that work with the Quiltazoid.   You can also use just the boards at the back of the machine like a panto.  You need a stylus....also available from R & S for various machines.    2 or more boards of the same design can attach to each other for a continuous pattern across your quilt.   I don't like working from the back of the machine, so I use the Quiltazoid from the front most of the time.   Easy set up and use.   I would ask the seller if she has the directions to use each of the boards she has listed.   Some of those have a "pattern" of where to start and stop, etc.  Easy once you do one, but without the instructions, it could be tricky !     The price she is quoting sounds reasonable when you break down the cost of each component.   

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived