Bliss upgrade leftovers

Ann Wight

I just wanted to share what we did with the supports from my original table when I upgraded to the Bliss system. We bolted them to the legs under the new table and I use them to manage my batting and tops. On very large quilts, I flip the batting and quilt top back up over the top bar and keep it nice and square without puddling on the floor.  I always float my quilts.

post-62883-0-94555800-1396113172_thumb.jpg

This is exactly what I want to do.  I'll have to turn all my little plastic storage units around so I can access them from the back, but I think it will work so now I just have to figure out how to use my Side Saddle computer if I Bliss my table.  I always float my tops too and I hate that "puddling" in the front. Thanks.

This is exactly what I want to do.  I'll have to turn all my little plastic storage units around so I can access them from the back, but I think it will work so now I just have to figure out how to use my Side Saddle computer if I Bliss my table.  I always float my tops too and I hate that "puddling" in the front. Thanks.

I have plastic drawers under my  table too and just turned them around and use them from the back.  The bars give me a bit of tension on the quilt sandwich, holding it nice and straight and smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stretched a long piece of bungee cord between the legs of my machine that I use to hold back the quilt top and batting when I float my quilts.  There are several different weights at your hardware store--go for a medium to heavier weight so that it keeps it held back. If it's too light weight the weight of the fabric/batting will flex it too much.  It will never be quite as smooth as the pipes, but its worked for me for years and is very inexpensive!! :)  AND...you can work around the stuff you have under your machine. ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived