Interchangeable Hopping Feet

My Millie is at the factory for a tune up.  It's the first time she's left her carriage since she arrived over 7 years ago.  Thanks to Amy's great instructions I was able to pack her up without too much trouble.  I need to decide if I want to purchase any of the interchangeable hopping feet.  I would love to hear from you if you use them and which ones you find helpful.

Thanks,

Jane in So Illinois

I purchased the two low profile feet and love them both for detail work and getting up close to applique! I didn't see a need for the higher profile open foot since I stitch in the ditch a lot and use my ruler. I highly recommend both of the low profile feet and now would be the time to do it; while she is in for a spa treatment!

I bought the set when I had Gracie in for the spa treatment.  Have not used them all, but if I recall it was a bit of a deal and really nice to have them all.  I do use the taller open foot for ruler work and I can see a bit better when using it.  Love the ability to change them.  I would do it again.

While she is at the spa I would have the new hopping foot installed. Then if you decide you want the other feet you are ready for it and only have to order the feet. I installed the new hopping foot, and the extra feet are on my list to get.

Shirley

• 2 weeks later...

This post inspired me to buy the set of interchangeable hopping feet.   I don't know why I waited so long.  I had Dave Jones install the changeable foot bar a year and a half ago.  Yesterday I put the low profile open toe foot on.  I'd been stitching a pebble design on a quilt.  Oh my gosh, the difference is amazing.  I love the improved visibility.  It makes those pebbles so much easier to sew.  Another great enhancement from APQS   :)

Archived