MQS Pictures of Triple Ribbons

I finally figured out I had to delete some pictures from my settings. So are some new ones. They are sideways, maybe but they are there, I hope!

MQS now emails you that you have won something at the show. It could be an Honorable mention or Best of Show but they don't say what or how many ribbons. I am happy just to get the email and think yeah 1 ribbon!

So....awards ceremony, I have 3 entries. challenge Hollyhock Doll Picnic 1st place out of 12.

post-6134-0-29438600-1397099719_thumb.jpg

Next category Wearables, 5 entries including Brigit S who I really admire! My Goose jacket, 1st place!!post-6134-0-56413700-1397099258_thumb.jpg

I figure I am done for my last quilt, Modern Migration. BUT there are only 3 quilts in the category and 2 ribbons. I am stunned to win 2nd place!post-6134-0-85452100-1397100116_thumb.jpg

My entries arrived home today and I have never gotten such high marks from the judges at this show before. I am still walking on air! and deposited a check for $1,000! Just WOW!

I taught 1 class on how to enter, make, and improve competition garments. My students were amazing and enthusiastic. I just had fun teaching and sharing my garments from the worst to the best. MQS WAS GREAT!

Thanks for all the feed back. I am I still recuperating! I had lots of company for a granddaughters birthday last weekend. Then I had to rescue a granddaughters prom dress. She bought it from China 2 sizes too big and it was 2 sizes too small!!! Lots of re designing and sewing beads and sequins back on after the alterations.

• 2 years later...

Archived