Relay for life quilt- FINISHED w/pics

Once I get this finished, it will go into a silent auction to raise money for our Relay for Life team in the county where I work.  It will be 52 x 52 when it is done. 

The colors represent all the cancer awareness ribbon colors

The large center blocks are 10 1/2 inches. The small outer blocks are 5 1/2 inches.  It has taken me about 20 hours so far to piece it.

.https://www.flickr.com/photos/jtconcessions/13861761055/

UPDATED:  Help!  I can't figure out what type of quilting design to put in that funky arc shaped pie crust piece of the New York Beauty blocks. It is white on the larger blocks and colors on the little blocks.  The spikes and the space between the spikes are getting opposing wavy spikes in them and the setting triangles are getting (I think) a curling feather or a pebble/swirl fill

Thanks Linda.  I ended up doing the curled feathers in the setting triangles.  I will draw one of your designs in one of those pie shapes and see how it looks.  It might be more cohesive if I did curled feathers there also, but I don't want to feather it to death.  It isn't a feathery kind of quilt, if that makes sense.

I quilted a top for the local run for life. The maker had cross-stitched all the various colors of ribbons on a white background. The quilt was screaming at me to "say" something, so I did. I "wrote" words of encouragement- "hope", "faith", "courage", "love", and more. The maker didn't want a lot of quilting so I did a large meander around to fill in the blank areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished.  The light colored picture is the back. I matched top and bottom threads, so it's another quilt on the backside with that white backer fabric.

Most of the pictures came out really dark. I don't know why.  The colors are actually very bright and the grey is not really that dark.

Quilting patterns were whatever felt right for each space.  I didn't really do any of the designs I had planned.  Some of what I did do was made up as I went along. 

Lots of pictures in flicker. Click on the link

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jtconcessions/sets/72157644304921052/

Archived