UPDATE -- Frustrated with QNN TV charging procedures

UPDATE--While cleaning out my email, I found a link that was sent by QNN TV with their monthly charge. It seems that all I needed to do was click on the link and unsubscribe from their monthly subscription. I would think it would behoove them to be a little more helpful on the customer service end and perhaps add a link somewhere on their website for this option. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know in case you get yourself in the same boat with me and can't figure out how to get them to stop billing monthly charges.

Also, I couldn't agree more with those that mentioned it's not safe to use a debit card online. Thank you for the great reminder!! Next time, I won't! 

Bonnie

A few months ago, Judi Madsen posted a link to a video interview she did with QNN TV. Being a fan and supporter of Judi's work, I tried to watch the video but found it was for members of QNN TV only. Seeing as how it was only $2.99 for the month, I paid the fee and watched the video. I find that I have been being charged $2.99 a month since.

There is no place on QNN TV's website to discontinue my "membership" so I shot QNN TV an email, since they do not have a live person to answer or return their phone calls (at least no one has returned MY call). Via email I asked them to stop my membership and to stop billing my card.

The response has been going back and forth for a week. They tell me to stop it in Paypal. I didn't pay via Paypal. They tell me I have to stop it with my credit card company. So I call my credit card company (which is my debit banking card) and am told that it is a manual charge that is occurring monthly, not an automated charge. The company is MANUALLY asking for authorization each month and the only thing the bank can do is issue me a new debit card, which means I can't use my card for 7 to 10 days. Not acceptable!!!

I'm pretty frustrated and upset with them at this point and have no intention of EVER doing business with them again. Has anyone else had troubles getting QNN TV to stop charging their card? 

It's amazing how fast sites can charge you, but when it comes time to cancel or get a refund, you have to jump through all sorts of fire rings.  I find it so frustrating that there are such limited ways of contacting them too.......either call and 800 # and wait on hold for hours or e-mail (if you can find an address at all)..........I fought with US Cellular since last December to get my refund for an overpayment that was their fault !   They double billed me.   I finally went on their Facebook page and blasted their Customer Service.   I got results the next day !     :wacko:

I had paid for membership for a year. They changed their format, and I no longer had access....some computer thing I have no idea about. They initially suggested I try some things, which did not work. They started ignoring me after that, and never refunded my $$ either. Its not like I had an ancient computer, either. So,I advertise for them on a regular basis, anytime anyone asks me about them. NEVER will I have any contact with that organization again.

On your statement there should be a phone number, try it. Contact the Better Business Bureau and your state consumers affairs office or Attorney Generals office. I would in the next email, state plainly that you are reporting them and want your account closed or you will also contact a news station about fraud. Also state you will start a Facebook campaign against them!

Shirley

When I log in on the site, I get a Membership Information link. I clicked on that, and it says I'm on an annual membership, but if I'm not satisfied with it, I can click on a link to cancel (they also give an email address). Granted, it may be different if you're on a monthly membership, but you might want to see if you get that same Membership Information link when you log on.

I too have had problems with QNN tv... I signed up for a year membership... I had access for about a month... I was busy for a couple weeks and did not use it... when I came back I did NOT have access anymore... tried to get this resolved and never did... there has been some things that I would love to watch... but not willing to take a chance at loosing $24 again for only a month....

wish we could do something about this as it would be great to get these classes to watch...

Sue

Sue, the same thing happened to me.  Some things I could watch...some I couldn't...then they would correct it and I'd be able to see everything and a month later...nothing.  I felt the same way as you.  I wish they would get things worked out too because when it's working it's a great site.

Well, I'm psychologically relieved to hear I'm not the only one who has had troubles but am sorry to hear I am not the only one. It's unfortunate. 

Louise thank you for the tip. I had looked around on their website until I'm annoyed as heck and can't find any information in my membership account or anywhere else as to stopping this recurring monthly "membership." I also called the number that is on my bank statement for QNN TV and called the number they provide on their website for questions. No return call from them. I think that part is the MOST ANNOYING and such bad business.

Lesson learned here. Next time I will use a credit card that is easily changed instead of my debit card. I have way too many automated charges occurring on my debit card to cancel the number, and use it for gas and cash and groceries, so cancelling it would be a big inconvenience.

I will say that The Quilting School was a positive experience when I paid monthly, though awfully expensive.

Thanks for responding, ladies!

I just posted a note on their Facebook page. I would have never thought to do this. Thank you to Shirley for this idea. I would imagine someone from their company follows their Facebook account and would get back to me and take care of this situation.

I am a member there and have not had any problems, but I have never had to cancel.  I pay for the year.  I have read that you should NEVER use a debit card to pay for anything online.  Always use a credit card so no one has access to your bank account.  Using Facebook to contact them is a great idea.  That should get their attention because of the bad publicity!  I hope you guys can get your money back!!  Bad business, for sure.  BTW, sometimes if you use Google Chrome, instead of Microsoft Explorer, you will get better video access, don't know why, but it works better on Craftsy, too.  A Dell technician told me that.

I also had problems with them.  I noticed a recurring yearly charge on my card and tried to access my account with them ... nope, would not let me access it.  When I tried to contact them, that was unsuccessful.  I went on Facebook and hammered them with comments. I also noticed others had done the same.  I finally was contacted by them and they told me how to access my account.  Evidently I had TWO accounts, one for the original sign up and when they recharged my card for an additional year they made another account...which I couldn't access.  I do like watching their video's on long arm quilting...but what a horrible way to do business!  I hope you can get something resolved through Facebook...keep posting, every day... hopefully they will contact you.

Always use a credit card not a debit card for these things. I had used my debit card for an account someone got my number and the bank made me get it back from apple. A credit card company would have just reversed the darn charge and put my money back. I had to change my card number to solve it. Lesson learned!

Shirley

The issue when they changed (upgraded???) their systems is that it was no longer compatible with the latest version of IE (if I remember correctly). You can do a trick with "compatibility view" to get it to work or use Google Chrome or one of the other browsers...or a MAC to get access...but I agree they are difficult to deal with from a customer service standpoint...and I am fairly computer literate, I feel very sorry for those who are not and have to deal with them.

I am still trying to fathom what they were thinking when they made the most used browser incompatible and did not fix it...???

Archived