encoder connection

This afternoon I repacked the gear box. When removing the machine from the carriage and table, I inadvertently pulled tightly on the black wire connection to the encoder box on the table. Subsequently, in regulated mode, the machine will not stitch side to side (East or West), it stitches North and South as normal. In non-regulated mode it stitches in all directions as normal. I believe the problem is with the connection to the encoder box on the table. Is it possible to fix the connection to the encoder box? If so, how is it done? Advice is greatly appreciated.

Leslie

I just had this problem, SR would not work side to side. Fortunately I have a Bliss table that is still under warranty so APQS sent me the back axle with the encoder attached and that fixed it. I know that you can get the parts to fix the encoder cause that was what I would have done. It can be fixed call APQS

Leslie - recheck all the wires and connections.  Then, you might want to check out this video on the main APQS page:  http://apqs.com/instructional-videos/?vid=LlpYU52NGMA  I had trouble with my SR about six month back.  I think that, over time (my machine is ten years old), my encoder wheel had worn down.  Even with a new encoder wheel, I wasn't able to get it seated well into the carriage wheel and was having trouble with side-to-side stitches.  I ended up having to take a rasp and make the groove provided for wheel adjustment just a little larger (with guidance from Amy!).  I got it fixed just fine.  We are fortunate to have these great videos available for us.  If, after watching the video and checking everything over, it still doesn't work, give APQS a call.  They'll help you get it right.  

Archived