A little panel quilt for the LQX

LindaSteller

Thank you all for the nice comments.  I'm so bummed - I took it to the shop this afternoon to deliver it, and the owner wasn't in.  She may not be there tomorrow either.  I so wanted to see the look on her face, so I could tell whether or not she liked it.  I guess she'll just mail me a check.

Marci - almost all of that is done with the IQ.  I did the SID freehand (and yes, I mean really freehand - no ruler), and I outlined all the faux appliqué freehand also.  I don't use a ruler for SID when it's just vertical and horizontal.  If there were diagonal lines to be quilted, I would have used a ruler for those.

Now, you do need to realize that, even if you have a computer, that feather border consisted of several parts that needed to be fitted together and then nudged exactly into the space.  It's not just a matter of pushing the button.  Fortunately, IQ makes tweaking patterns into the perfect shape very do-able with their Distort, Shape Shift, and Magnet tools.  I absolutely love my IQ.

Linda, love how you quilted this top and your stitching around the faux appliqué looks great.

I'm also glad you mentioned about the placing of feathers and the need for tweaking. I remember a while back reading a thread on Facebook were the people really think quilters with Computer systems just press a button and away it goes. There is so much more to a Computer system than that.

I'd love to buy any scraps you may have left, that shows a full flower head or pixie face.  

I'd probably have boughten a couple yards of this cute stuff!!  No one can hate it..

Beautiful job all the way around..

Congratulatios,

Hugz,

RitaR

Archived